Creepy Pearls Are a Scary Good Idea for Halloween

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

When I saw the lead pic of just black pearls and geode with black diamonds I felt a bit let down, thinking they would all be so bland, but no; the eyes are downright creepy, as are the last two skulls and a few others. My favorites I will show you, being a simple one on agate that has no creep factor, and a spider that's gorgeous and is my favorite of the lot. Check them all out via the link and decide if they're creepy enough for you. Image

October 31, 2019 by Amy Elliott

" “And leave something witchy.” One of the most evil humans in existence famously uttered these words, and if you know who I’m talking about, then you share my fascination with all things true crime.

As grim as the reference is, this phrase kept popping into my head as I curated this Halloween-themed cabinet of curiosities united by the most unlikely of common elements: pearls.

Normally a symbol of innocence and purity, and all that is light, lovely, and feminine in the world, these pearl jewelry designs subvert that notion by casting the lustrous gems as skulls, or working the pearls into pieces that represent something that scuttles, slithers, or bites.

Other pieces have a dark, foreboding quality, like Rosa Van Parys’ fringy necklace, recalling eerie cobwebs or tortured souls imprisoned in chains casting about in an attic somewhere. ..."

I like the simplicity of this one

Pendant with marbled agate, South Sea pearl, and diamonds in 18k yellow gold, $12,800; Doryn Wallach at Moda Operandi

Spider brooch with Tahitian pearl, ruby, and colorless diamonds in 18k white gold, $5,500; Alishan

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... good-idea/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)