Mini Pearls Are Having a Moment

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm not really into mini pearls, but some of these use them in clever ways, like the ones in the second pic, which is my favorite piece of the lot. I have a few loose mini pearls that came to me over the years, but I think I would use them in crafts, rather than jewelry, like using them for eggs in a small decorative nest. Otherwise, for me, the bigger and rounder, the better. :mrgreen:

April 24, 2019 by Brittany Siminitz

"There’s a renewed interest in pearls as of late, as you’ve probably noticed. Statement jewels, where a large, luminescent pearl plays a central part of the design, are, as ever, beloved. But I’m focused on styles a little less pearl jewelry and a little more jewelry made from pearls. Yes, I believe there is a difference.

Because when you think of a pearl necklace, what comes to mind? A strand of pearls, most likely—even to those who have a vault of pearl images living in their mind, it’s hard to forgo the traditional definition. ... '

Parade in Color necklace in 18k rose gold with 1.16 cts. t.w. pearls and 0.04 ct. t.w. diamonds, $750; Parade Design

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -334329457
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)