Yellow Diamond Engagement Rings Are Having a Major Moment

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

From The Zing Report, here's another one on the growing popularity of yellow diamond engagement rings, and there are a few we've seen in the lineup before, but not all. So rather than show you the lineup in order I decided to just show you two of the rings I favor; the first one being a uniquely designed double ring, which I would never buy, and the last one because it's got other stones in addition to the main diamond, including opal. Check these out. :)

Amy Elliott October 5, 2021

"“And the sun poured in like butterscotch, and stuck to all my senses…” It was impossible not to recall these lines from Joni Mitchell’s song Chelsea Morning during last month’s Las Vegas Jewelry Week, where the message was clear: yellow diamond engagement rings will be a very big story for the 2021 holiday season.

The gemstone was everywhere, twinkling from the cases like shards of sunlight in a spectrum of shades, from the palest sauvignon blanc to an intense limoncello. How to account for the sudden abundance of yellow diamond engagement rings? It might just be a natural pendulum swing, with designers and manufacturers reacting to the grimmer aspects of the pandemic era (and its prolonged presence) by putting forward a proposal-worthy gemstone that feels spectacularly uplifting, basically a B12 energy shot in jewelry form.

There’s also the influence of Pantone’s 2021 color of the year, Illuminating, which Pantone calls “a bright and cheerful yellow sparkling with vivacity.” Yellow diamonds deliver on this description tenfold, and many suppliers already had a stash of them in the vault just waiting for their next moment in the spotlight.

And finally, for a certain kind of Gen-Z shopper, anything that remotely resembles their mother’s engagement ring is, by definition, unappealing. A yellow diamond center stone presents a compelling alternative to the classic colorless. And if they can afford a good one? Well, that presents a golden opportunity.

Check out these yellows that are anything but mellow: ... "

Diamond Magnet two-finger ring in 18k white gold with an 8 ct. pear-shape fancy yellow diamond and white diamond accents, price on request; Messika

Top and above: Sunburst ring in 18k gold with a 5.12 ct. pear-shape fancy light yellow diamond, white diamond baguettes, opals, moonstone, peach sapphires, and pink tourmaline, $75,000; Maggi Simpkins

https://thezingreport.com/2021/10/yello ... ent-rings/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)