Designer Monique Lhuillier Brings New Collection to Kay

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are lovely, and there's lot of different designs to choose from in the stores. There's a small slideshow in the article from which I'm showing you my favorite, but they're all very nice and you can find out the sizes they come in and the price ranges via the link. ;)

Bridal designer Monique Lhuillier collaborated with Kay Jewelers on an exclusive bridal jewelry line.

"Akron, Ohio—Kay Jewelers is partnering with bridal and fashion designer Monique Lhuillier on a new line of engagement rings and wedding bands.

The exclusive Monique Lhuillier Bliss collection reflects the designer’s “innate sense of style and refined, sophisticated aesthetic,” said Kay Jewelers in a press release about the launch.

Fans of the designer include Reese Witherspoon, Taylor Swift, Heidi Klum, and the First Lady Michelle Obama.

Established in 1996, Lhuillier has grown her company into a luxury lifestyle brand, branching out from wedding gowns and formal dresses into lingerie, wedding invitations, home, fragrance, and more.

She distributes her line via her own stores as well as through department and specialty stores.

Lhuillier is best known for her bridal gowns, which feature floral accents and strong silhouettes that are reflected in the new line she’s created in collaboration with Kay.

The collection gives consumers a lot to choose from. Bliss features more than 60 engagement and wedding bands, with between 22 to 34 of those styles available in store.

The styles featured in the slideshow below are available both in stores and online.

SEE: The New Monique Lhuillier x Kay Jewelers Collection

“We are continuously working on new product development and new styles to add to the collection. The plan is to introduce new styles to the Monique Lhuillier Bliss collection throughout the year,” Kay Jewelers said.

Every style features a band of diamonds around the lower part of the ring’s shank, a symbol of unity and eternal love, said the company.

The rings also have Lhuillier’s “XO” signature, her own love note to the couple, as well as a brand logo on the inside of the band.

“Monique’s inspiring aesthetic combined with our expert craftsmanship allowed us to create a jewelry line couples will yearn over, especially for those who appreciate the art of fashion,” said Jamie Singleton, president of Kay Jewelers, in a press release.

This is not the first time a Signet-owned store has partnered with a popular fashion designer on a bridal collection.

“Love by Vera Wang” has been a consistently strong performer for Zales for years and Kay previously partnered with gown designer Adrianna Papell on a bridal collection.

Jared the Galleria of Jewelry, another Signet-owned brand, teamed up with bridal gown designer Pnina Tornai on an engagement ring collection last November.

The Monique Lhuillier Bliss collection of engagement rings are set in 18-karat white, rose, or yellow gold with a few options for a center stone, including round, princess-cut, oval, pear, emerald and marquise.

The diamonds are of near colorless, SI2 clarity.

The collection is perfect for those looking to propose or drop a helpful hint to a significant other, said Lhuillier, highlighting its blend of romance and whimsy.

“It is a dream come true to work alongside Kay Jewelers to launch an exclusive collection that not only incorporates my designs into a jewelry line, but also offers more ways to express love and be part of life’s most special moments,” said Lhuillier.

“The ring collection is romantic and ethereal with my special touches and signature accents.”

Total carat weights range from ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... ion-to-kay
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
PinkDiamond

Re: Designer Monique Lhuillier Brings New Collection to Kay

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's another one on the rings Monique Lhuillier is designing for Kay Jewelers, with much better photos, and a nice sampling of rings to see. The first two in the single photos are my favorites, the rose gold one being favored over the white. No surprise there, but the rose gold ring in the last shot, which I'm not showing you, is actually the winner as to my favorite, and overall, I think her rings are as beautiful as her gowns. Check these out. 8-)

Monique Lhuillier x Kay Jewelers Is Here And It’s So, So Pretty
By Amy Elliott | October 04, 2021

"Those of you who know me know that I had a long tenure in the world of wedding magazines. I arrived at The Knot during its infancy, when it was just a rogue startup, in 1999. At that time, Monique Lhuillier, a Los Angeles–based Filipino American gown designer with French roots, was coming into her own, and she soon became synonymous with a supremely chic and sophisticated bridal aesthetic.

Back then, the It designers were Vera Wang, Amsale, and Lhuillier, who quickly became known for a kind of formfitting but utterly tasteful and elegant gown made entirely of lace. You could throw it in a garment bag and head off to the Caribbean for your destination wedding. It fit like a glove and telegraphed a story of modern romance and femininity.

That was in 1997, and this dress became the go-to way to announce yourself, when you made your grand entrance at the ceremony, as a bride with modern tastes and unapologetic sexiness, all while nodding to tradition with French lace, maybe a tiny cap sleeve (my favorite version, often with an open back), and sweeping train.

Lhuillier never lost her footing as far as status in the world of wedding gowns. She evolved her brand to include red carpet eveningwear and couture (Awkwafina’s 2021 Emmys dress, a vision in mermaid blue organza, is just one recent example) as well as ready-to-wear, all of it very haute couture–inspired, with the most feminine prints, flounces, and flourishes.

Now, after 25 years in the bridal business, the designer has teamed up with Kay Jewelers to debut Monique Lhuillier Bliss, a collection of engagement rings and diamond bands. If you know her work, you can see her signatures in the designs—floral elements, lacy borders and filigree, and shanks that are elegantly curved and tapered, not unlike the finely constructed silhouettes of her most iconic gowns.

Engagement ring in 18k white gold with round and marquise diamonds, $7,400

Engagement ring in 18k rose gold with round diamonds, $3,200

The new designs are scattered throughout this post. Below, a recap of my conversation with the designer on Bliss, the evolution of today’s bridal consumer, and more.

JCK: You are celebrating 25 years in the bridal industry. If you think about the many brides you have dressed over this time period, how have their fashion tastes changed and evolved?

Monique Lhuillier: I feel that brides today are more risk-takers. They listen less to tradition and more to designs that reflect their true personalities. I love seeing brides continue to embrace fashion in bridal. My goal has always been to provide brides with the dress of their dreams, helping them to be the very best version of themselves on such a special day. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -jewelers/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)