There Are Lots of Yellow Diamonds in Messika’s Magnetic Attraction Collection

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I was surprised to find that I like these yellow diamonds because they're light in color, and look more golden than yellow. I love the first ring, and will show you a favorite, but I have to ask if the y'all see anything but a thin line of metal holding the large yellow diamonds onto the rings in the second to the last pic, because if that's all that's holding them onto the rings, I wouldn't trust it not to break off and the diamond be lost. I would also wear the necklace in the second pic the other way around. It just doesn't look right to me the way it's shown, so see them for yourself along with the rest of the jewels via the link. :)

By Amy Elliott | September 23, 2021

"Hello, yellow! As far as diamonds go, we are so into them this season it’s not even funny. One of the biggest stories coming out of Las Vegas jewelry week, the stone is off and running in a variety of directions from engagement rings (as seen in this beautiful curation by JCK’s Brittany Siminitz) to fashion jewelry of the highest order.

That’s where these Messika Paris jewels come in. Though they were not the French brand’s headline act at the Couture show in Las Vegas—the full expression of its Kate Moss collaboration was the big reveal there—the yellow diamond elements of the Magnetic Attraction high jewelry collection seem perfect for this precise moment when sunshine and light is what everyone seems to want. Desperately so.

First unveiled in July during Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week, the collection plays to the ideas of movement, the artful push and pull of our most intimate relationships (think of principal ballet dancers performing a pas de deux), and light reemerging after months of darkness.

Designer Valérie Messika was very much inspired by the idea of dancing—for joy, as a mode of self-expression, and as a way to physically connect with other beings who have likewise been cooped up and tamped down by the state of the world.

Pear-shape diamonds of every hue are the undeniable star of this show, but somehow the golden girls leap out from the corps de ballet as extremely desirable, romantic, and chicer than chic. In the collection notes, Messika reminds us that the ancients viewed diamonds as tears of the gods. Here, she has transformed them, in all their daffadilly radiance, into tears of joy. ... "

Pendant earrings in 18k yellow gold with 25.69 cts. t.w. fancy yellow pear-shape diamonds and 2 cts. t.w. pear-shape diamond accents, price on request

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -diamonds/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)