Kamal Joins Designers Paying Homage To New York City

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

LOL! It took me a minute to figure out what her signature piece for this line, and the name of the line meant regarding New York. :lol:

By Kristin Young | September 10, 2021

"In honor of New York Fashion Week—which wraps up this weekend—the 20th anniversary of 9/11, and a city once the epicenter of the pandemic, fine jewelry brand Kamal has created a pendant dedicated to New York City. A portion of its sales will go to Girls Inc., a nonprofit organization seeking to empower and inspire young women in underserved communities.

Eye Adore, the brand’s peacock feather–shaped, white diamond–encrusted pendant necklace that is one of its best sellers, has been reimagined for New York City and the girls who live there. The limited-edition jewel features black diamonds—symbolizing purity, love, fidelity, and eternity—and comes in either rose gold or yellow gold. The pendant sells for $1,400.

Kamal’s Eye Adore black diamond pendant is an ode to the city that never sleeps.

Kamal Patel, founder and designer of Kamal, grew up in New Jersey and attended the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, N.Y. When 9/11 hit, she moved her family to Richmond, Va. “I felt like New York was forgotten in my eyes, not having been there so long, so it felt like a love affair with the place that birthed my passion,” Patel tells JCK, explaining why she created the piece. “Sometimes all you need is inspiration, and sometimes it’s as simple as a color such as black. It’s gritty yet classic. It’s hustle and community. Like my days in New York City. When I think of the city, I think of shimmering lights sparkling in between windows, the way it ignited my passion for the arts, and the place of endless opportunities. When New York Fashion Week is thrown in there, it’s even more. It’s drama. It’s energy. It’s glamour. It’s unique and authentic. In black diamonds, I see the spotlights in all of us.”

Patel, who founded her company in early 2020, has created a collection featuring lotus-shaped rings and necklaces, chain earrings, and personalized pendants. The designer said she always had a desire to give back; as she is the daughter of a scientist mother and mother of a daughter, young girls were also top of mind. So Girls Inc. of New York City—which serves girls ages 6 to 18 and prepares them to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers through education and advocacy—fit the bill.

“I wanted it to be ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ge-to-nyc/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)