For Engagement Rings, Gold Is Still Bold

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I mentioned in the last email that I have three articles on bridal jewelry for you, and that two of them have such heavy gold bands I don't care for them as bridal jewels. This is the second one, and the third will be in gemstones instead of diamonds, and I think you'll like that one best compared with this and the other one I just posted, so look for it in gemstones. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | August 31, 2021

"Over the last couple of years, gold has played a large part in the engagement ring arena. Sure, yellow gold has always been an option for those getting engaged—the 1970s particularly come to mind for some reason—but the warm metal has made a roaring comeback in the boldest possible way.

Gypsy-set ring in 18k yellow gold with diamond, price on request; Lauren Addison

While many engagement ring wearers may still seek those intricately detailed platinum or white gold pieces, we’re seeing a major move toward gold as more than just a setting. Yellow gold rings are chunky, important, substantial. In place of the filigree-like detail or pavé diamond accents, we see cleverly placed center stones atop cigar bands, gypsy-style rounded dome rings flush set with anywhere between one and three stones (sometimes even more), and textured rings bearing smaller stones for a style that is even more about the metal—a somewhat surprising but lovely option for an engagement ring or wedding band.

The Britt step-cut ring in yellow gold with diamond, price on request; Devereux

What’s more, many of these rings are ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... gold-bold/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)