The New Bridal Line by Aaryah Is One to Remember

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

The New Bridal Line by Aaryah Is One to Remember

Post by PinkDiamond »

I got an email from JCK featuring bridal jewelry in three articles, and I was surprised to see that all the rings in the first two have very heavy gold bands, which I'm not so sure I like. Here's the first one's styles, so see what you think of these. I'm only taking you through the first two pics, and I don't care for the second one at all. It looks like there was a second stone in there that fell out. :lol:

These are nice diamond rings, but just too heavy and wide for bridal jewelry to me. Would you want any of them? :?:

Next Year Will See A Wedding Boom
By Brittany Siminitz | August 31, 2021

"Established in 2016 by Megan Kothari, Aaryah began its brand journey offering custom nameplate necklaces with a focus on Indian names. The founder and designer’s own “American” name played a role in her introduction to jewelry—though born in the United States, she felt a strong connection to her native India.

“Megan is not a traditional Indian name, but it derives from Meghna, a name my parents originally wanted for me,” says Kothari. “For my parents, assimilation was a key factor in their decision to spell Megan the way they did. Growing up, every time we’d go to a convenience store or stop at a gas station, I’d always find a souvenir with my name on it. I felt seen while my family never did.”

With an initial focus on celebrating and empowering artisan work—Aaryah’s pieces are handcrafted in Jaipur and New York—the brand has since transitioned to a bona fide fine jeweler, with a majority of its goods made with recyclable, certified conflict-free fine metals.

Take that transition one step further, and you’ve got Aaryah’s new bridal line—a first for the brand but one that feels like a natural evolution. Below, we talked with Kothari on the inspiration behind the bold yet timeless styles.

Describe the process of venturing into the bridal category. Was it a natural extension of your fashion line?

Aaryah has always been dedicated to creating unique jewelry designed to tell the story of the creators and the keepers, so moving into bridal was a natural progression for us. Combining my love for design and diamonds, we created one-of-a-kind pieces that truly reflect our customers and their journeys with their partners. Aaryah bridal aspires to create forever pieces that are story driven, ethical, and celebrate empowerment.

Trikona ring in 18k yellow gold with 0.73 ct. Canadamark diamond, $8,500

The designs strike such a beautiful balance between bold and classic. What has been your inspiration? Do you have a favorite piece?

Thank you! I love creating unconventional diamond pieces with fancy shapes—I love looking at a diamond and imagining the 100 unique ways I’d want to create something understated with it. The diamonds we source have such innate beauty, which complements our bold yet discrete settings.

I’m inspired by the things that make all of us, us. The inherent power in nature, in ourselves, and in our heritage. That’s what wearing your story is to me.

My favorite piece is our Trikona diamond ring for its unique diamond shape and negative space setting. It features a Canadamark triangle diamond suspended in a 18k yellow gold setting, a true one-of-a-kind piece. I love the many symbolisms and trinities that triangles represent, but for Trikona, it’s a ring that tells the story of your past, present and future.

I find the Trikona ring to be such a stellar standout! It’s so different yet sleek and timeless. How has the retailer/customer reception been to these new pieces?

The response to our Trikona ring is one of the main reasons we jumped right into bridal. The response from that ring gave me the push and the confidence to launch an entire collection. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... al-aaryah/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)