Harry Winston Open to Offers on ‘The Pink Legacy’

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm surprised they're going to sell this one, but since they are I have to post it for you in case anyone would like to buy it for me. Image

By Lenore Fedow
lenore.fedow@nationaljeweler.com
March 2, 2021

Harry Winston acquired “The Pink Legacy” diamond at a Christie’s auction for $50.4 million in November 2018. It set the 18.96-carat fancy vivid pink diamond in a ring that was on display at the Harry Winston store in New York.

"New York—Harry Winston celebrated what would have been its founder’s 125th birthday in style.

To commemorate the occasion, the brand’s New York store displayed the Winston Pink Legacy diamond ring, which features “The Pink Legacy” diamond.

Harry Winston, which has been owned by Swatch Group since 2013, acquired the 18.96-carat rectangular-cut fancy vivid pink diamond at a Christie’s auction for $50.4 million in November 2018.

It set the record for the most expensive pink diamond ever sold at Christie’s, as well as the world auction record for highest price per carat for a pink diamond.

A company spokesperson confirmed the store was accepting sales inquiries on the Winston Pink Legacy ring, but noted it was predominantly on display to celebrate Harry Winston.

“I think, generally, the timing is ideal now for investment-grade colored diamonds, as intense and vivid colors are trading at an all-time high. Demand is high and supply is light,” said Joseph Namdar, managing director of Namdar Inc., which specializes in fancy color diamonds.

“Regarding the price, I don’t think they will have an easy time earning a 10 to 20 percent profit based on the $50 million, or $2.6 million per carat, they paid in 2018,” he said.

“If they do, I would humbly believe it will be much due to their brand’s name, as the market has not surpassed that price, not yet at least.”

Harry Winston’s team of designers and craftsmen set the record-breaking diamond in an 18-karat rose gold and platinum ring, flanked by two shield-cut diamonds weighing 3.55 carats.

The Winston Pink Legacy ring

“The subtle design speaks directly to the philosophy behind all Winston jewels—that the diamonds should speak for themselves,” said Harry Winston in a statement.

“What better way to honor a man who dedicated his life to the rarest and most exceptional gemstones than through one of the world’s most extraordinary diamonds.”

The ring was on display for four days only, from Feb. 26 until March 1, which was Harry Winston’s birthday.

The jeweler also noted that Harry Winston was born in 1896, matching the diamond’s 18.96-carat weight. ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/diamond ... ink-legacy
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rocks2dust

Re: Harry Winston Open to Offers on ‘The Pink Legacy’

Post by rocks2dust »

PinkDiamond wrote:I'm surprised they're going to sell this one, but since they are I have to post it for you in case anyone would like to buy it for me.

And here I'd just blown my last $51 million of mad money on a handful of magic beans. Sure enough, they grew, but when I climbed up to grab the goose at the top, turned out to be a gander, and I don't think Winston's will take what he's laying.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

That is a stunner alright. I wonder if he ordered it cut to match weight with his birthday year? Thats not a workers ring and I don't have a queen to buy it for me & "My wife's boyfriend needs a better job for her to be wearing that."
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

rocks2dust wrote:
PinkDiamond wrote:I'm surprised they're going to sell this one, but since they are I have to post it for you in case anyone would like to buy it for me.

And here I'd just blown my last $51 million of mad money on a handful of magic beans. Sure enough, they grew, but when I climbed up to grab the goose at the top, turned out to be a gander, and I don't think Winston's will take what he's laying.

ROFLOL! Image

Thanks r2d. After all, it's the thought that counts. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)