Love Locked’s Kerry Lynn on What a Modern Bride Wants

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Whether you sell engagement rings or are in the market to buy one, here's an article on the trends this bridal designer is seeing demand for. I like the first ring best, and although I hate what I call 'dirty diamonds', the kite-shape stone in the last ring isn't too bad compared to most I've seen. ;)

February 1, 2021 by Victoria Gomelsky

"In JCK’s October 2020 issue, we profiled Kerry Lynn, owner of Love Locked in Jersey City, N.J., as an “Innovative Retailer” for her creative mix of inventory, a combination of contemporary wedding jewels and wellness items, such as CBD. The article focused on her background: She opened the boutique in 2016 and began selling apothecary items as a subtle but effective way to lure jewelry clients.

Between her impressive roster of jewelry designers—including Everett Fine Jewelry, N+A, Anna Sheffield, Jennie Kwon, Ruta Reifen, Lauren Wolf, Satomi Kawakita, Sirciam, ManiaMania, Misa, Hayley K.S., Labulgara, DMD Metal, Fiat Lux, Tilda Biehn, and soon, Communion by Joy—her price-point sweet spot (the store’s selection of wedding bands ranges from $160 to $4,000, while engagement rings start at $700 and go up), and her powerful Instagram presence (10,600 followers and counting), Lynn, we quickly realized, was the perfect person to comment on what modern brides are seeking. Namely, accessibly priced engagement rings with an offbeat vibe. (In short, not your mother’s classic round solitaire!) Read on for Lynn’s take on the bridal jewelry market circa 2021.

In the Innovative Retailer column that ran last fall, you said that you’d seen a surge in wedding and engagement ring sales following the lockdown last spring. Did that surge carry on through the end of the year?

Absolutely, engagement ring sales increased tremendously! So many sweet couples have come and said quarantining together was pivotal in deciding to get engaged. My wedding band sales, however, have steeply declined since November. The couples that are getting married this winter are leaning toward a simple wedding band with plans to get a second band for when they are able to safely have a larger celebration.

Rose-cut champagne diamond ring by Ruta Reifen

How would you describe your bridal business today? Still surging?

My bridal business continues to increase every week. I’m very, very grateful. I’m excited for the spring to see more couples getting married outside.

What specific styles of engagement rings are resonating with your clients? What are your best sellers?

There is a very wide range in my costumers’ aesthetic, but I would say they are elegant and edgy. I’ve been asked to create a lot of solitaire rings with hidden details or surprise diamonds, which makes a simple ring more personal. Every designer I carry has such unique style. My customers LOVE interesting shapes like shield cuts and kites. This year, I had a lot of requests for colored diamonds, light-pink champagnes, and salt and peppers. Montana sapphires, too! I’ve noticed more rings being set east-west, which is also very pretty and a great seller.

2.3 carat oval diamond engagement ring by Anna Sheffield and wedding band by N+A

What’s your sweet spot in terms of pricing? (Was it higher pre-pandemic?)

For pricing, I’ve always wanted a store that anyone, on any budget, could buy something that makes them happy, so I have jewelry that starts at $12 but my prices go up to $40,000 or more for custom projects. I’m happy to work with my clients where they feel comfortable. I have found that most budgets have increased this year.

How have you adapted to doing business over the past year, especially with regard to bridal sales? (For example, have you found yourself doing a lot of Zoom consultations or anything that felt like a direct reaction to the pandemic?)

I FaceTime frequently and show my remote customers loose stones through video messages when applicable. I do a lot more sales on Instagram based on photos and way more shipping than previous years. I really love meeting people in person, but it’s been cool to meet new customers in Boston and California, etc., over FaceTime!

Kite-shape salt-and-pepper diamond engagement ring at Love Locked

Finally, what’s one important takeaway about selling wedding rings circa 2021 that ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... rn-brides/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)