5 Trend Experts on Diamond Styles You Can Take to the Bank This Holiday

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Who knows if these 'experts' really know what they're talking about, since those pointed as 'experts' are the ones who guessed wrong the least amount of times. :lol:

That said, maybe our sellers can capitalize on the 'big jewelry' trend, but I really only like the earrings just above where I cut this off, so what do you think of these items? We've seen one of the earrings in this before, but I think the other items are new to us. ;)

October 19, 2020 by Victoria Gomelsky

"For all its unpredictability and angst, not to mention its domesticity, 2020 has been a surprisingly good year for diamond jewelry. With so many people eschewing travel and dining out, plenty of disposable dollars have been diverted to gifts of a more enduring nature. And what endures better than a precious jewel that adds a dash of elegance to an outfit, especially over a Zoom?

We wanted to know more about the diamond jewels shaping up to be the MVPs of the season, so we sought comment from a handful of our favorite tastemakers and trend forecasters (see below). They talked about personal, sentimental jewelry, with stylish diamond initial pieces leading the pack. They talked about the popularity of understated, earthy engagement rings as an alternative to classic white diamonds. They talked about the importance of distinguishing oneself on a video conference call.

But most of all, they talked about the tide of maximalism about to sweep over the jewelry industry: “We love the high-wattage necklace combined with luxurious knits,” style editor Will Kahn said on a Natural Diamond Council webinar discussing its 2020 holiday trend report.

We couldn’t agree more.

Diamond And Bright Color Combos

18k white gold ring with 2.44 cts. t.w. diamonds with white, pink, blue, and purple enamel, $8,100; Kapes Jewelry

“People want things that are fun and joyful. ‘High-octane color’ is my favorite trend: It’s about pairing diamonds with something shiny and pretty, but it’s an enamel or ceramic that provides a splash of color and not another stone. We’re seeing it with a range of colors—diamonds with neon or pastels—you simply couldn’t get with gemstones. It lends diamonds a contemporary feeling.”

—Jill Newman, editor at large, Natural Diamond Council

Statement Style

Padis Signature collection earrings in 18k white gold with 3.46 cts. t.w. diamonds, $5,995; Padis Jewelry

“This holiday season, our focus is Zoom-friendly adornment (think neck and above): statement earrings and pendants that are versatile and wearable. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... s-holiday/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)