lab created diamonds ????

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

m76steve

lab created diamonds ????

Post by m76steve »

Have been talking with several jewelers dealing with this new wave stone, are selling like hotcakes, but the down size is the resale value. Most of these stones are coming from the orient, the tech know how in making this stuff is out there and some of the copies are mirror images of the real. As said, my sources are stating there is no resale value on most of the sold stones, as supply & demand goes, demand is high as now, & most sales are to the young who have little info about the material. When time comes to upgrade to a larger diamond, the real, there is almost no trade-in for the original stone. Buyer beware, as said, there is a terrific amount of product being sent to the market & sales are good, good jewelers can tell the difference, the GIA is certing the stones for what they are, just be careful as a consumer, love & caution- :o 8-) steve...
PinkDiamond

Re: lab created diamonds ????

Post by PinkDiamond »

Yes, thanks m76. I've been posting quite a few articles about this, and one just recently was on how businesses are handling these synths when it comes to trade-ins, so it's an issue every jeweler needs to have a plan in place for. However, according to the stats I read this week, eventually, as they grow older, these younger buyers want natural diamonds to commemorate special occasions, and only prefer synths for basic everyday jewelry that has no emotion, place or event tied to it. It said they believe that when it comes to marriage, the real thing that reflects permanence and longevity is what they want, so that's a plus for the industry. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)