Hip to Be Pear: Engagement Rings With Shapely Diamonds & Gemstones

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I've always loved pear shape diamonds, and my first engagement ring was the one I've told you about that was set to make it look like a flower bud that rested on the wedding band. I never thought about which direction to wear it in because as a child I was always taught not to face pointy things toward myself. :lol:

I like the one in the lead pic shown below best, and then the next one, but the others are interesting. :)

January 31, 2018 by Brittany Siminitz

"Back when I first got engaged, I never thought I’d care for anything but a round brilliant diamond—you can’t go wrong with a classic. I can’t pretend that isn’t true to this day, mostly due to the fact that I don’t plan on replacing my beloved ring (if it wants to morph into a 3 carat size, I suppose I wouldn’t complain). But that’s not to say that I haven’t come to appreciate diamonds of all shapes and sizes, and that appreciation has grown with each of my years at JCK.

The pear-shape stone is an interesting one. It seems to have gathered a fair amount of popularity as of late, and not for nothing. Much like in attire, when it comes to dressing for “the body you have,” the pear-shape is an apt choice for those, like me, who are deficient in finger length.

My hands, short and stubby, could use the elongated effect offered by this pointed stone, and don’t underestimate that selling point: Many women are self-conscious about their hands! They’re hand-conscious, let’s say.

And then there is this element of debate: Do you wear the stone pointed out, like a teardrop, or inward, more like a balloon? It feels natural for me to say inward, where the pointed side is closest to the wearer, but I know many would disagree.

But wait! That’s the great part: You can switch it any way you like, whenever you like (unless the stone was set in an east-west fashion, which is a delight all its own).

Because variety is the spice of life, that pear doesn’t have to be a diamond, either. Our flexibility with labeling an array of looks as engagement rings these days allows for a broader assortment of styles. From morganite (blushing pinks are beloved in bridal right now) to the slightly more classic blue sapphire, the gemstone cut is just as beautiful no matter what color it wears.

Here is just a handful of examples of the power of the pear. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -334329457
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Re: Hip to Be Pear: Engagement Rings With Shapely Diamonds & Gemstones

Post by kjsspot »

This is gorgeous!
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt