Piece of the Week: Ilaria Lanzoni’s ‘Look of Love’

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I like odd things like this that are simple, yet elegant, so I decided to show this one to you. I like the one in the video clip even better than the one in the first pic, but the video isn't on YT so I can't embed it, so you'll need to use the link to see it and catch the rest of the story. I'm not normally into eye-themed jewelry, but when the eye is all diamond I find I can get into it. :mrgreen:

By Michelle Graff
michelle.graff@nationaljeweler.com
January 15, 2021

"During lockdown last year, Ilaria Lanzoni did what so many of us spent our days doing—she reminisced about happier times.

And she turned those reveries into inspiration for a new collection centered on the meaning of true love.

The Italian-born, New York-based designer recalled the nickname her grandmother used for her and her sister: “voglus,” which means “eyes” in the dialect spoken in the region of Northern Italy where she grew up.

“Voglus” conveyed the idea that Lanzoni and her sister were the apples of her grandmother’s eye; she was always happy to see them, and her adoration for her grandchildren was relayed through the sparkle in her eyes.

Lanzoni distilled the idea of expressing love through one’s eyes into “The Look of Love,” a price-point-friendly 18-karat gold and diamond collection centered on marquise shapes designed to look like the human eye.

For Lanzoni, who has been designing fine jewelry for decades for companies including Hearts On Fire and Garrard in London, The Look of Love is the maiden collection on a new voyage—she is launching her own brand, ILanzoni. ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/fashion ... -of-love-2
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
PinkDiamond

Re: Piece of the Week: Ilaria Lanzoni’s ‘Look of Love’

Post by PinkDiamond »

Right after posting this I found this one that features all the kinds of eye jewelry I dislike. BIG difference. :lol:

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -nevernot/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)