Happy fall y'all!!

What's going on out there?

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Happy fall y'all!!

Post by PinkDiamond »

Despite living in the forest, it's very rare for us to get much color when fall arrives. Usually we get a few trees that go yellow, in some years a beautiful lemony-gold, and one brownish orange at the edge of the forest far down the field, that can't be seen well from here, and we get maybe one or two with a slight bit of color in the forest. So I have always wanted to plant trees that turn pretty colors in fall, but only managed to get one red maple so far, which turned out to be different from the one my dad planted when I was a kid that had red leaves until fall. This maple I got at the fall fair at War Eagle Mill about 6 years ago stays green through summer, and has turned an ugly brown every fall so far. ... until this year. This year we had an extremely dry summer and were going into droughts in various places, until the past two weeks or so when we got deluged with over 6" of rain in 4½ days, and then suddenly colors started popping; first the yellows, and then a few days ago I looked outside and saw this. :shock:

P1015014.JPG

P1015019.JPG

Even the forsythia, which has never turned a noticeable color before, turned red, and you can see one leaf near the top with green and yellow in the middle of the red that was gorgeous. 8-)

Sorry but I can't get the pic to upload upright no matter what I've tried. :? You'll see the tri color leaves on the left side of the pic.

P1014993.JPG

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Re: Happy fall y'all!!

Post by crazy8s »

8-)
SwordfishMining

Re: Happy fall y'all!!

Post by SwordfishMining »

Good things come to those who wait.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"