Cyclone ‘Esther’ Brings Unexpected Blessings to Australia

What's going on out there?

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Last time I posted about Oz they were losing land, homes, people and exotic animals to the flames of the wildfires, and I still haven't heard back from mehoose or speckee, so I pray they came through it unscathed, but at least now all the fires are out after slow-moving cyclone Esther blanketed the country, and doused it with much needed rain; albeit more than they're used to getting, but hopefully it's better than wildfires burning up everything. :)

Everything is topsy turvy in the ‘land down under” (as Australia is sometimes called) so while the northern hemisphere hunkers down for winter, Australia enters its hot dry summer season. The storm season is also reversed. The North Atlantic hurricane season runs from June until November with an average of 10 cyclones per year. The cyclone season within the tropic region of Australia typically ranges from November to April, also with an average of 10 cyclones per year.

Making landfall in northwest Australia as a relatively mild Category One cyclone, Esther revitalized a region that was struck by devastating wildfires just a few months ago. Downgraded to a tropical depression, Esther lingered in the area for two weeks, moving slowly in order to shower a surprising amount of precipitation onto the agricultural areas of the country.

The storm is currently filling up Lake Argyle, Western Australia’s largest freshwater man-made reservoir and an essential part of the Ord River Irrigation Scheme. The reservoir is currently at 43 percent capacity, its lowest level in 25 years. Esther is expected to raise the water level by at least a meter.

By the time Esther fades away, she will have visited every state in Australia, blessing them with up to 350 millimeters of precipitation, the most rain some areas had experienced in ten years.

PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)