I keep getting logged out

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Re: I keep getting logged out

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm still here once I clicked your post, but refreshing before that showed I was logged out. This is so weird I could swear I can even hear Twilight Zone music. :shock:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

I just don't get any of this, it makes no sense.
I've asked the domain provider tech support repetitively about this, and they are stumped also.
They assured me it was not because of the version of this forum or any upgrade issues.
Apparently others are running old versions of PHPbb with no problems.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Yeah, like OA is using the old version without updating it, and I'm not being logged out over there. :roll:

When I came in today I used my bookmark to the Board Index, and of course it showed I was logged out. I clicked a topic and was still logged out, but when I clicked a post it came up showing I was logged in, and here I am replying to you without having logged in. Image

This is hysterical, but at least we're not totally logged out now if we enter and then click to view a reply since it logs us back in, which I'm still scratching my head over and wondering how this could possibly be happening, but I can deal with it. Image

Quite frankly, if tech could explain this anomaly I would be very surprised. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
GeorgeSharen

Post by GeorgeSharen »

ie logs me out
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

yup - no change here
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

I have to say that this logging out issue is one of the weirdest bugs I've ever encountered.

Usually, there is a "cause and effect" factor that points to the issue, but this is so random with out any set "rules" it makes no sense to me or the server tech guys.

It's not a PHPbb issue, and it's not a server issue, everything points to a browser issue, but nothing is making any sense about which browsers do it, and there is no reason why it just started happening.

I'm not getting logged out anymore, but that's because I switched to internet explorer, firefox logs me out, IE never does. I hate IE actually, I'm "only" using it because of this forum issue right now.

I sincerely apologize for your frustrations regarding this issue folks, I hope they can figure out a fix for it soon.

Chris :)
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Hi all,
As you know from the bulletin I posted yesterday, some changes were made to the server to try to fix the annoying logging out issue on the forum.

Please let me know if anything has changed.

Thanks,
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

I didn't have to login, woohoo :D
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Hmmm, really?
That's great news!
What browser are you using?

Unfortunately, I still got logged out using firefox, and as usual, internet explorer did not log me out, so nothing has changed on my end I don't think.
anyone else??

opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

It seems better actually, I saw that I was logged out in firefox, and as soon as I clicked on a category in the forum, I was automatically logged back in again, and I do not have firefox set up to remember passwords.

Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come :)