worlds largest black opal.....

Write a few lines about who you are and where your from here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Re: worlds largest black opal.....

Post by PinkDiamond »

Nice going James!!! Feel free to show us pics of your favorites since we love eye candy; especially opal eye candy! :D

Notice that no is asking the price since we all know we can't afford it. :lol: But you never know who might see it and just have to have it, so good luck selling it for your friend. :!:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Opalhaze I'm not trying to earn a living from the gem trade so I don't have any reason to be jealous. I didn't recognize that you were a known member of OA from before. Some random guy with only 2 posts coming on a public board offering a stone for sale with a publicly available photo seemed like a scam to me and I just didn't want anyone to get conned. However, Pink let me know that you aren't just some random guy but actually a known member from the old boards. Please accept my apologies. I just didn't want anyone to fall prey to a scam as the internet if fraught with con artists, especially in the gemstone biz.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

PinkDiamond wrote:Notice that no is asking the price since we all know we can't afford it. :lol: But you never know who might see it and just have to have it, so good luck selling it for your friend. :!:

I think previously they tried to sell it for about 200k but personally I feel it's worth more than that.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
opalhaze

Post by opalhaze »

G'day I have sent e-mails all over the planet about this stone and selling something like this is like fishing ...the more hooks in the water the more likely a fish will take one of them???? Tonight I am writing too the Queen, she has the worlds largest spinal in her crown she also loves opal so you never know? 8-)
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3488.jpg
IMG_3487.jpg
...the copper is a friend of ours :lol:
opalhaze

Post by opalhaze »

some eye candy for you all
1378085281265.jpg
1378085280870.jpg
1378085280667.jpg
1378085280536.jpg
1378085280427.jpg
1378085278264.jpg
1378085277890.jpg
1378085277671.jpg
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Great ground. We're lucky to gets grams and oz in Nevada when it comes to precious and definitely in pockets, but then again we dig by hand without heavy equipment in open cuts and dont have to process any tailings other than running a rake thru them by rockhounds. I mean on good days yes we get kilos of blacks but the rule is shards and crystal clear or whites. Now rockhound tailings at the mine face are real rich as most are only looking for gem black opal and over an inch chunks, but break out softball and basketball sized clods and discard them if an opal log is not obvious.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

James, that's fantastic, and you scored some fine opals there, but I especially want to thank you for posting the pic of your friend holding the Sea of Opal because one doesn't really have any idea of the scale and size of it until you see someone holding it. Wow!!! :!:

You're smart to drop lines everywhere because, as I said, you never know who will see it and just have to have it, but that's a really good idea to contact the Queen since they can certainly afford it, and even if they aren't interested in owning it, you never know who they might mention it to so good thinking on that one! ;)

John, do you break up the clods to see if opals are hiding inside? I don't think I could hunt for particular sizes. If I see opals, I'm grabbing them no matter what size they are because even tiny shards with color can be useful in vials for jewelry. Waste not, want not is my motto, so I'd probably want to run them thru a sieve to collect them all. :lol:
PinkDiamond

opalhaze

Post by opalhaze »

G'day mining in Coober Pedy we are usually about 60 feet underground and tunneling using a tunneling machine and we have what is called a blower up top and its all conected using pipes. The blower sucks all the dirt up topside and that is what has formed most of the mounds you see in Coober Pedy..Any opal you cut thru and it gets sucked up top you then go threw that with a noodling machine...and you can also pillar bash, which is when you use bombs and blow in the pillars you leave behind too hold the rough up sometimes there is good opal in them...thats what I am doing at the moment and getting hundreds of oz of blue cyrstal....
1378085282810.jpg
1378085276894.jpg
1378085276765.jpg
1378085276510.jpg
1378085276510.jpg (10.62 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
just some pics of us tunneling and one of me in front of the Drill..... 8-)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm loving seeing the pics and hearing how you mine. And since we just put up a thread about miners living underground, I have to ask, do you or any of your friends do that? Way cool if you do, and if you do and also have opals in the walls, now that's my idea of a dream home! :D

You're allowed to sell here if you'd care to, so if you ever want to let people know how much you want for an opal, feel free to do so. 8-)
PinkDiamond

opalhaze

Post by opalhaze »

good morning, yes some of my friends do live in dug outs but i do not...I live in a house above ground so does my mining partner. We have three houses here. I work underground all day the last thing i want too do is come home and go back underground.....it may be a lot cooler during summer living in a dug out but not for me. And yes I always have opal for sale if anyone would like too purchase any let me know and we will take it from there..have a great day