Greetings from Indonesia

Write a few lines about who you are and where your from here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

rizal

Greetings from Indonesia

Post by rizal »

hiyas all..

My name is Rizal, loving opal since the first met (local/indonesian opal) and stil learning about them and other gemstones too.
And YES I learned a lot from the "old forum" and hoping learning more and more from all of you guys.

Hopefully I can share everything I know about Indonesian opal soon (but as amateur only :D ).

and thanks to you Pink to show me the new forum address.
PinkDiamond

Re: Greetings from Indonesia

Post by PinkDiamond »

We're glad to have you join us rizal. One more post and you'll have free run of the place. :D
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rizal

Post by rizal »

PinkDiamond wrote:We're glad to have you join us rizal. One more post and you'll have free run of the place. :D

Thanks to you Pink for let me know bout the new forum and hopefully I can share very soon
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Welcome to the forum!
Chris :
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Hiya Rizal. Welcome to the new forums.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Welcome Rizal!
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
rizal

Post by rizal »

Hi all, its been a while since my last post. Dunno where to put this so I put it here hopefully you guys read it ;)

So I`m planning to make a post about indonesian opal, starting by collecting all old post from the old forum and adding it with all I know about Indonesian opal. I am not trying to sell or something like that, just need a fair opinion and any discussion about it from all of you guys. So I can understand and learn more about Indonesian opal campared to other opal (from other countries). How about it guys/girls ? Is it okay ? And also I`m going to need all of of your help of course since I am not an expert in opal.
rizal

Post by rizal »

Btw is there any way to link a post from old forum to here? or just copy - pasted it?
Brightlights

Post by Brightlights »

I think you need to copy/paste it all... I know pink did a number of them but I think it's all still by hand.

I have a few pieces of indo opal. Personally, I hold little interest in it. I could never get rough big enough to cut, it was hydrophane like ethiopian so I just focused on the ethiopian as my quality/quantity were better when I was active in buying rough. Plus there was always an issue with treatments and I like straight up clean and raw cutting rough.

I would assume you have better access than I was getting. I wasn't overly impressed but I'm just a forigner on the open market after a few middle men, so don't take this opinion personal or as an attack.

Now, what I do like it's all the other jaspers and agates out of Indonesia! The petrified bambo replaced agate, the bumble bee jasper, and other fun stuff.

Anyways, I still look forward to any information and pictures you have. Knowledge is power after all.
:D
Too many beautiful distractions... https://twitter.com/burningems
rizal

Post by rizal »

Brightlights wrote:I think you need to copy/paste it all... I know pink did a number of them but I think it's all still by hand.

... Plus there was always an issue with treatments and I like straight up clean and raw cutting rough....

Issue with treatments, thats one point that need a discussion, so I would learn more about how indonesian opal being recognized by other ( I dont know a better word for it, I am not that good in english :( ..)

Brightlights wrote:
...I would assume you have better access than I was getting. I wasn't overly impressed but I'm just a forigner on the open market after a few middle men, so don't take this opinion personal or as an attack....

I would never take any opinion as personal or an attack, seriously...:) , always make any opinion as a reason to learn more :)