Mehoose checkin in...

Write a few lines about who you are and where your from here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

Speckee

Re: Mehoose checkin in...

Post by Speckee »

Heya M, long time no speak ;)
mehoose

Post by mehoose »

g'day Speckee. yes I thought it was time to tiptoe back into a few forums. It's gone quiet everywhere.
Artfldgr

Post by Artfldgr »

hey mehoose..
ever thought of making cash with them?
(no, not making more)
but using them as design pieces, to then engineer the machine to do it?
they are freaking awesome, and it is possible to automate...
for the record... i had measles and mumps and chickenpox so i learned to crochet and knit...
will put up a sample of moms work, but yours are so wonderfully fanciful, hers are more traditionally utilitarian or classical

stupendous!!!
(and i am a very tough critic!!!)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There's another one we haven't heard from in ages! Hi Speckee, so good to see you pop in. Hope all is well with you, too. :D
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Rockranger1

Post by Rockranger1 »

I like em! 8-) I was told I couldnt play with toys anymore :cry: and the dress just doesnt match with my skintone. :lol:
Artfldgr

Post by Artfldgr »

how about the purse...
Speckee

Post by Speckee »

Heya Pink. Yeah, still hovering around.
mehoose

Post by mehoose »

Artfldgr wrote:hey mehoose..
ever thought of making cash with them?
(no, not making more)
but using them as design pieces, to then engineer the machine to do it?
they are freaking awesome, and it is possible to automate...
for the record... i had measles and mumps and chickenpox so i learned to crochet and knit...
will put up a sample of moms work, but yours are so wonderfully fanciful, hers are more traditionally utilitarian or classical

stupendous!!!
(and i am a very tough critic!!!)

Awww thanks for that Art!
Noooooo, you'll find most patterns aren't allowed to be mass produced. Some designers will allow you to sell items made from their patterns, only if you've physically made them and there are the few that won't even allow that, but will allow them to be given to charities(so not for profit).

by all means show some of your mum's work, i'd love to see them! :P Hey there's quite a few very successful male designers for knit and crochet, maybe you should get back into it again. :)

I do apologise for the very delayed response. My father suffered a catastrophic stroke and I stayed with him 24/7 at the hospital until he passed. You wouldn't think it possible for your heart to break daily and it was a total mind trip down the palliative path. Yes I knew his wishes if this ever occurred but knowing he could still understand what was going on while his body was failing sure did my head in. Today was the first day in a month there was a sense of calm in me, maybe a touch of acceptance about every aspect is starting to happen.
mehoose

Post by mehoose »

Rockranger1 wrote:I like em! 8-) I was told I couldnt play with toys anymore :cry: and the dress just doesnt match with my skintone. :lol:

:lol: ROFL! Knew I could count on you for a good laugh..would orange be better?
rocks2dust

Post by rocks2dust »

mehoose wrote:Yes I knew his wishes if this ever occurred but knowing he could still understand what was going on while his body was failing sure did my head in. Today was the first day in a month there was a sense of calm in me, maybe a touch of acceptance about every aspect is starting to happen.

I certainly understand that, as well as the second-guessing of what one might have done differently that can linger for many months. Even so, you were there with him and that surely was - or will be - a comfort for both of you.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else