Bonnie Betz

Write a few lines about who you are and where your from here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

bonnie

Re: Bonnie Betz

Post by bonnie »

Just checking in and letting everyone know I am working on a problem with notifications again, but definitely different than before. I will be limited in what I can do as I will be tied up after today....Bonnie
Bonnie Betz, EE, AJP, RG, RGA
Mid-Atlantic Gemological Lab & Appraisals
:)
rocks2dust

Post by rocks2dust »

Thanks!
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Three cheers for Bonnie, for being so willing to try to help us out despite her workload. Thanks so much, Bonnie! We understand if this can't be fixed right away. We're just grateful to have you in our corner. :)

Edit

She got notifications working again already!!! :!:

She had to reroute them because the emailer for the forum may have disappeared, and not even be up and running anymore. I sure hope not since they just billed me for the service for the next year. :?

But at least the credit card would refund me if they're pulling some funny business. :mrgreen:

Thanks so much Bonnie! I am happy again. :D
Last edited by PinkDiamond on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to update
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
bonnie

Post by bonnie »

Hi:
Not sure about the SMTP server, but the way the email is working now is a little cleaner as it is using the email program locally to opalholicsanonymous.com rather than going through a network protocol process and having to connect via a network server.

Originally, when I worked on the problem back in December the system had been previously setup to use SMTP, so the fix at that time was to remain using it, just get it working. This time because the error showed a direct relationship with the SMTP server and not being able to get information back from it I decided to change the email process so that it did not use SMTP. There is still an issue that may need to be addressed and that is the current PHPBB software is way behind current version and that may have something to do with the SMTP not working. Upgrading the software is not a real big issue as the email is working fine right now, but I would recommend that the upgrades get done as I am not sure what changes are in the new versions and how they may affect the operation down the road. Just my pitiful 2cents. Anyway, glad to help you all out.

Bonnie
Bonnie Betz, EE, AJP, RG, RGA
Mid-Atlantic Gemological Lab & Appraisals
:)
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Thanks Bonnie.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"