Reiki Jewelry: Balance Your Body and Mind

Share your health tips, tricks, and stories here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

We have a few articles on the use of gemstones for healing, and although I always advise people not to mistake their personal energy for that of gemstones, this article from Fire Mountain does cover the premise behind it fairly well as it relates to Reiki, the Japanese form of 'the laying of the hands'.

Over 30 years ago my ex insisted I learn it with him from a Reiki Master he met, and I had to admit there was more to it than meets the eye. I was even led to go further than he did and became a Reiki Master, and used it in conjunction with gemstone therapy, and those who asked me to work on them for health reasons always said it helped and they felt better; even when it was done unconsciously for my then brother-in-law during a phone call. I suddenly realized my hand holding the phone was cooking away with the energy after he had said he wasn't feeling well, and when I mentioned that my hand was activated he said it was weird because he had suddenly felt better. Surprised us both. :lol:

I was taught the Usui Reiki Ryoho style of Reiki as taught by Hawayo Takata, and can tell you this author accurately describes the process, and even the long-distance application of it so I thought some of you might find this interesting, and possibly even helpful. Enjoy! :)

by Greg Lawson, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®

"Reiki, chakra healing, crystal healing or energy healing. They all refer to an alternative medical practice that uses natural energies of the human body and the universe to clean out energy centers inside of the body, called chakras, and to help the body's natural healing process. Crystal healing uses the vibration of energy put out by the different configurations of elements inside of the gemstone, and chakra healing uses the cleaning of specifically energies channeled through gemstones associated with specific chakras and meditation. Reiki, however, relies entirely on the power of a universal energy to empower the human body, but it is also said to enhance the healing power of crystals! So, what exactly is it?

History of Reiki

Reiki is written in one of the four Japanese syllabary, or written version of the syllables, of katakana that carries a very similar function as italics do in English. Reiki itself, which comes from the Chinese word lingqi (numinous atmosphere), is a combination of two Japanese words--rei (soul) and ki (vital energy). Reiki as a healing practice has a slightly muddled confusion as to who was the original creator of the techniques; however, there were five styles of energy healing in Japan by 1922. In 1914, Matiji Kawakami, a therapist, created Reiki Ryoho and would later in 1919 publish Reiki Ryoho to Sono Koka (Reiki Healing and Its Effects). By 1920, there were three other styles of Reiki healing, Reikaku Ishinuki's Reikan Tonetsu Ryoho, Kogetsu, Matsubara's Senshinryu Reiki Ryoho and Reisen Oyama's Seido Reishojutsu.

In 1922, Mikao Usui was meditating on Mt. Kurama, north-west of Kyoto, and is said to have had a revelation that unlocked his own understanding of Reiki healing, which he would later teach as Usui Reiki Ryoho. Mikao Usui passed away from a stroke in 1926, but one of his students carried out his teacher's wishes to open a clinic and to help people using the energy healing. Sometime in the middle of the 1930s, a woman of Japanese descent from Hawaii, named Hawayo Takata, returned to Japan after the death of her sister and while there was diagnosed with a tumor, gallstones, appendicitis and asthma. Instead of undergoing an operation in Tokyo, Hawayo Takata went to a smaller clinic that was practicing Usui Reiki Ryoho, under the teaching of Mikao Usui's student Chujiro Hayashi.

For four months Hawayo Takata underwent daily Reiki healing by two healers, and during that time she found herself cured completely of her previous afflictions. One year later, she began the process of learning Reiki healing and soon returned to Hawaii with Chujiro Hayashi and Hayashi's daughter. Together, the two practiced Usui Reiki Ryoho and spread it to the mainland of the US. However, the reason other styles of Reiki healing are not as widely known is due to the outbreak of World War II, which caused the other styles to either be lost or to remain in isolated parts of Japan. Meanwhile, due to its spread to Hawaii and then the mainland of the United States, what is most often referred to simply as Reiki refers to Usui Reiki Ryoho, however, other styles and teachings that rely on Reiki are no less legitimate. Since the 1950s, the number of Reiki practitioners and masters have spread.

What is Reiki Healing?

Reiki practitioners describe the process of healing as opening the user's body to the "smart" universal life energy, using their body as the key to open the lock of the universe, and then channeling the energy into the body of the one who needs healing. This is not to be confused with other types of energy healing, such as ki healing, in which the user uses their own ki to put it into the body of another and unblock the chakra points. Reiki doesn't use the practitioner's ki or life energy, but instead they simply act as a funnel or guide to the energy of the universe. This means that a master of Reiki can channel far more energy into a person than their own body naturally has.

Reiki, however, is not a massage, or some form of acupuncture, and does not require one's hands to even be put on the person who needs to be healed. In fact, skilled Reiki practitioners can even channel this energy from supposedly anywhere in space or even forwards and backwards in time to heal past traumas or support future endeavors. A light touch on areas, or even a hovering hand over an area, is enough for the Reiki healer to guide the energy through the body. Those who have undergone a typical healing session report a feeling of tingling, warming or cooling in an area or areas of the body that have been subjected to the healing energy. Afterwards they are said to be relaxed, even invigorated by the energy of the universe.

Because of the positive experience of the healing sessions, many people that experience Reiki treatments go on to learn to become Reiki practitioners themselves.

Reiki Jewelry

Reiki jewelry has either been ... "

https://www.firemountaingems.com/resour ... dium=email
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Reiki Jewelry: Balance Your Body and Mind

Post by SwordfishMining »

Thanks for sharing. You seemed to have that "physicians" philosophy about you. It's sad the shops have to put the disclaimer down on the bottom of the page for the scientists & as people would think it was guaranteed to heal them and sue if it did not. 4 or 5 folks wanted their admission money back from Dinosaurs Live as they were not actual live dinosaurs in a circus show. I used to drop into their warehouse before they went online big time for jewelry supplies.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"