Ticks anyone?

Share your health tips, tricks, and stories here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

mick

Ticks anyone?

Post by mick »

About a month ago, at 8pm I had an itch inside my right bicep. I had a look and ther ewas a red rash like a ring. I marked it with a pen and it grew so I assumed some type of bite. I took some antihistamine and went to bed. I woke up with a swollen bottom lip like bubba gump.

Last night, same deal of an itch, nothing there but same red rash and ring. This morning I woke up with a swollen left eye.

We do have ticks here, so the dogs are on the juice for them and chooks are first line of defence you see. Ive been bitten by all sorts of things and bugs and never had a problem.

The swollen lip and eye, Im thinking is lymph reaction or something.

Bedding was clean, fresh each time.

As they can be as small as a . I couldnt find any. I sprayed everything also and stuck a tick collar in my bed for tonight.

Now looking back and at yesterday, I did vacuum and empty the bag each time.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of swelling of lip and eye as a sympton of tick bites.

I guess I will have to go the the quack next week.

In the War, they used dog tick collars around the troops necks, they reckon that was not a good idea now, so they put them on the outside of their clothes.
SwordfishMining

Re: Ticks anyone?

Post by SwordfishMining »

Permethrin or Overkill or the tick treated clothing worn with DEET works to also kill off the mossies besides the ticks and is approved for treating stock enclosures.. Its bad for puppies kidneys and kills fish with run off so you have to be careful, but that will cure a tick problem. Now on that swelling, Leah fought prophyria and it can be bad. Some attackes, more than one a month and multiple things can trigger one, would have her curled up in bed like appendicitis (they took out both her and her daughters, also has it, As to not be confused, and Leah a hysterectomy and it didnt work to stop it just changed the focus. and every other attack would have her swell up like a severe allergic reaction for a few days and then go away. It was spooky and theres no cure. Im going for ity was another bite or like you said sympathetic lymph gland reaction. You be tested for lime disease with that ring. Spotted tick rocky mtn fever would have killed you by a week, and worse if it does not kill you can leave you allergic to MEAT!!! We got snow and not bugs for the next 6 months.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

That's not a good sign mick, and ticks and fleas are always a problem in warm weather, but those seed ticks are so minuscule you need a magnifying glass to see them before they bore into your skin. The problem is, the chemicals are toxic to you, as well as critters, and the ticks can hide wherever the chemical isn't, so despite (and because of) all you're doing, there's still much cause for concern.

The best solution I've found is the same stuff that Fleabusters™ uses, boric acid. Boric acid will kill them, as well as any roaches or spiders that wander in and walk thru it (got Borax laundry detergent?), and isn't toxic to either you, or the critters. Also, diatomaceous earth will cut their bodies and dehydrate them, also killing them, so there are 2 natural remedies you can use safely. Don't put either one directly on the critters though, since they might eat it; not that ingesting small amounts will hurt them. You can put borax on your toothbrush to get boron in the body, and it won't hurt you, so give something like those remedies a try, and for yourself, I would take colloidal silver, probably twice a day, for a few weeks to a month to kill any virus or bacteria that's affecting you. Hope that helps. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

i don't think that's from ticks
they can be very small but after they bite they stick to you and you should be able to see small black point - and also feel it
- but sometimes you can scratch it without knowing about it - then only his head will stay inside and it's hard to see and take it out.
( normally you should take tweezers and quickly snatch it without breaking the head or you can buy 'tick tweezers' ? )
in most cases tick bite is small and looks like mosquito bite - sometimes it can grow bigger and make erythema - in this case you should visit doctor
but I've never heard about swelling like that !?
hope this helps

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
mick

Post by mick »

I think Ive got Lyme disease, I got all the symptoms so I will get a blood test.

Strange rashes, cant think, losing things, tripping over things, upset stomach, sore teeth, aches pains crook as a dog.

The "bullseye" rashes I had back then were tick bites now that I look at better pics online.

I hope it is, will explain a lot of things.
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

I think that might be something else because Lyme Borreliosis is disease of the northern hemisphere and it's very rare in AU
but in case here is the plant which can help cure the disease (not many people or even doctors know about it)
*but I'm not sure if this plant grow in AU ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipsacus

let us know the results and if its Lyme I will give you more info about it

all the best
;)
Last edited by OpalSpectrum on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
mick

Post by mick »

Thanks for the tip but because of my heart I have to check all these plants.
its ticks for sure, what theyve given me who knows.
SwordfishMining

The docs might know. They've been practicing medicine for decades. Blood test will tell if its that or some other nasty virus.
mick

Post by mick »

Well this morning the rqash on my back is full on, looks disgusting. The locals think its Shingles, but these idiots dont know much.
Also, I seem to have an allergy to red meat now.
I didnt eat any red meat today and I can already feel a differemce. I had toast and no pains in the guts,

The Butchers in Australia will be in mourning toninght, I find out tomorrow.

I cant live without red meat, its impossible, its not normal.
SwordfishMining

Don't talk yourself into a allergy. Ask the docs for the specific test Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) test. The test used most often to detect Lyme disease, ELISA detects antibodies to B. burgdorferi. or .... Sorry you got shingles. My dad had a bout with those too and its from chicken pox or herpes,, and you know they just found some link to viral responses reflected in Alzheimer patients and are looking into antiviral remedies for old age.