Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

crazy8s

Jade trade ?

Post by crazy8s »

35/8 x 1 1/2 x 1 7/16 inches
35/8 x 1 1/2 x 1 7/16 inches
P1000588.JPG
P1000587.JPG

The top photo is a slab about 7mm. If anyone would like to trade please let me know or if you have questions. I bought it as jadeite, but who knows. It does have shiny specks of tiny crystals? I see the color as very light tan. :) The demensions shown are for the chunk.
Artfldgr

Re: Jade trade ?

Post by Artfldgr »

Whats its source? wyoming? guatamala? burma? etc?
7mm? you realize that is a quarter inch?
what would you want in trade? i have lots of stuff sitting around... you want rough or finished?
in the future, put a dime or penny or something of known size in the photo, helps to give scale :)
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

You are right Art I should have put coin for perspective, so is a 1/4 of an inch to thick or thin in your book? What to trade, good question. Finished would probably be best. But I don't know what you have and the jade is supposed to be from Burma. :)
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

What are you wanting to trade this material for, more jade of a different kind, or different gemstone material?
Chris :)
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Sad thing is I hadn't thought that far, and it's hard to say with no idea of what's available. In the pics the boards are 1 3/4 inch wide. I think that translates to 43 mm. I should weigh it. the chunk may be good for carving. :)
Artfldgr

Post by Artfldgr »

Well, i have sandstone, opal from africa, opal from wyoming, opal from australia, lapis, kentucy agate, and literally tons of stuff... ok, maybe not a ton, and not all would i trade for such a small piece of burmese jade... but since i collect jade (have hotan pebble, guatemalan, wyoming (nephrite), burmese, etc)... rhodochrosite, some nice small pieces of crysoberryl, etc. fossil wood from indonesia? rose quartz...

just search my name and look at pictures...
though a lot of my best work was probably lost in conversion.

it would have to be equitable as a quarter inch of jade, even burma, wont yield much in terms of a finished anything...
but at least i am asking to see if there is something interesting... sometimes interesting is payment enough.

somtimes i just dont give a schist... :)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

LOL Art. You're a hoot. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

I only offer cuz I have a slab and won't use the rest. I sent a PM.