Wtb cabbing machine!

Buying and selling of general items

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

SalvorHardin

Wtb cabbing machine!

Post by SalvorHardin »

Hi

My name is Alex, I am from France but I live in Hong Kong for work, and I am looking for a Cabbing ynit to do Opals.
I was going to order a Pixie from DP, but then I though some of you might have some second hand and that would be cheaper/better to recycle. I’m also open to custom and other brands, but I do like the size and speed of pixie for Opals and my appartements size.

For the last 4 months I have used first a 20$ Counterfeight micromotor from Taobao, then a flat lap from taobao (60$). So this my first big upgrade, but i have 30kz of good grade material coming, and gonna be tedious to process on the lap.

For shipping I found « my us » that can forward to HK for 50$ (Thry provide me an adresse in FL)

I considered the Gemsmith minicutter for a while, as it look super cute, but I am concerned it will spill water everywhere (Stephen from Village smithy Opal had the same remark, that it might not be suitable for my small appartment)

Also for local options in HK, i found a 6wheels 8in cabber form Hans Lapidary, for 1200$ inluding shipping, but apparently quality is lesser. (It’s the company producing for CABKING from what I read?)

Then I also found Jewel & Tools in India that produce a similar unit, for 1500$ including shipping. Their diamond wheels and machine seems quite robust though.

Ok anyway, hit me up with any machine you have for sale!!

Cheers guys :icon_salut: :icon_salut: (can check my work and machines https://www.instagram.com/opales_hk/)
PinkDiamond

Re: Wtb cabbing machine!

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, Alex, you've got some really great opals there, and I was enjoying going through your pics but Instagram stopped me soon after I passed the shot of the city, which I guess is the view from your apartment? So they wouldn't let me continue without joining, which is a real bummer because I was loving seeing what you've done. I can't help you with a Pixie, but maybe someone else can. Hope you can find what you're looking for. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)