Why Lagos Is “All About Gold” This Season

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are some interesting pieces in this one that you might like so check them out via the link. :)

By Victoria Gomelsky | June 02, 2021

"Kate Lagos (pictured) was 8 years old when she unwittingly glimpsed her future. As the daughter of Philadelphia-based jeweler Steven Lagos, who founded his eponymous jewelry brand in 1977, she happened across a silhouette of a butterfly on her dad’s desk and drew the wings. She didn’t know it yet, but the ensuing silver collection, named Katie’s Butterflies, was a harbinger of collaborations to come.

Today, Kate, who turns 30 in September, is Lagos’ brand stylist—though working in the family business wasn’t a foregone conclusion. “I was always interested in fashion and accessories, shoes, bags,” she told JCK on a recent video call. “And I wanted to do something within that realm, but I didn’t see myself here. My parents never put any pressure on me, they always encouraged me to do anything I was interested in. Seeing my dad have this amazing business that he started himself, it was a little intimidating.”

Six years ago, after she graduated from college, Kate overcame her reluctance and applied for a visual coordinator position at Lagos. The role involved the physical display of jewelry in cases and counters. The styling and merchandising experience she gained paved the way to her current position.

Kate and Steven Lagos

During the Zoom call, Kate put her styling expertise to work. She wore a bevy of Lagos’ newest gold jewels, including a pair of earrings from the 3-year-old KSL collection she collaborated on with her father (technically, her second codesigned collection, after Katie’s Butterflies).

“I’ve been following a layering trend within earrings, and I got another hole added so I could wear these,” she said as she leaned in to show off the new KSL convertible chain hoop earring on her ear, which converts into three different earring styles. “We always try to have a lot of versatility in our portfolio. We’re focusing on comfort, lots of movement, and adding dimension.”

KSL convertible earrings in gold with diamonds, $795

Below, Kate discusses the newest styles in the KSL collection, the success of the brand’s Smart Caviar line of Apple Watch bracelets (featuring Lagos’ signature Caviar beading), and why layering and versatility are key this season.

What’s the KSL collection all about?

It really started with a silhouette. I like sharp corners, geometrical shapes, and architecture, and traveling is a big inspiration. I brought a silhouette of a pyramid with a sharp edge to my dad and said I wanted to design this piece, so we started with an earring. The collection started out mainly two-tone, linear, open, and airy. I was playing with scale, more lightweight pieces. And then we added some sparkle—because who doesn’t like diamonds?

What distinguishes KSL from other Lagos collections?

It’s a more youthful look, a bit edgier, and integrates really nicely with the other pieces we have. The collection has gold, silver, and diamonds, and prices range from about $300 to $4,500.

What’s new in the way of Lagos’ other gold collections this year?

Lagos is all about gold for this season, in many different colors. The silhouettes are more delicate and romantic, and the pieces are lighter but still add texture. Our Covet collection necklace has a rose-cut diamond, not the traditional diamond cut you see. And our Caviar rings come with an onyx option (we’re playing with black and gold).

Covet diamond necklace, $3,750

Caviar ring in 18k gold and onyx, $695

For KSL, we have four new pieces: ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... bout-gold/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)