These Are the Winners of the 2021 Platinum DNA Awards

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'll never understand why any photographer would shoot pics of platinum pieces on a grey background that does nothing to show off the jewelry, and in fact muddies up the shot and makes the jewelry look drab and unappealing. I see this so often I have to wonder how they can shoot such lousy pics and put them out for publication. I would be too embarrassed to say I shot such awful photos! :!:

The pics are so bad only the third pic shows anything, and that design is very nice, but it's definitely not for women with long hair because by the end of the day I'd lay odds ten to one that it would be a real chore to dislodge them from all the hair caught in all those leaves and flowers, so as lovely as I think they are, I would still pass on them. :lol:

By Brittany Siminitz | February 10, 2021

"The winners of the inaugural Platinum DNA Awards, a competition born of the partnership between Pratt Institute’s jewelry design program and Platinum Guild International (PGI) USA, were announced recently. Three Pratt students were honored for their outstanding earring designs.

In first place: a pair of hexagonal ear climbers (at top) designed by Celine Dussaud. The completed earrings, which mix various inspirations from flowers to honeycombs to a spinal column, will feature pearls, and, as is required of the contest entries, will be crafted in platinum.

The second-place earrings by Jo Sabavala

In second place, Jo Sabavala designed a pair of dangling earrings called Budding, in which platinum wires lend the effect of a growing botanical complete with roots. The earrings span from an over-the-ear cuff element at top to the moving roots that dangle below the lobe.

Maria Baquerizo’s third-place earring design

And in third, designed by Maria Baquerizo, a pair of fiercely floral earrings inspired by lianas, climbing vines from the designer’s home country of ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... na-awards/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)