Miners Cut Open Rock and Discover Stunning Heart-Shaped Purple Geode Inside

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, this one wasn't even in a trade magazine; at least not yet. I found this in The Epoch Times and thought y'all would enjoy seeing this amazing geode, and it's fitting that the story came out in time for Valentine's day. Anybody want to buy it? Check this out. 8-)

By Jenni Julander
January 15, 2021 Updated: January 17, 2021

"Nature has a way of playing tricks on our minds. So molded are we by “objective” scientific thought and the materialism of modern life, an occasional “accident” in nature may tell us that there’s more to all of this than can be measured.

A rare species of orchid or the shape a cloud might mimic things from our imaginations, as if nature were winking at us and whispering from the other side, “That was no accident.”

And there are geodes—those amethyst crystal formations found inside rocks, which geologists like to display on their desks and are found in souvenir shops. What do you suppose nature meant when she formed a perfectly heart-shaped geode found by a team of miners in Uruguay?

(Courtesy of Uruguay Minerals)

One such rare rock was discovered by the workers of Uruguay Minerals, and it has had the internet buzzing.

Miners in Artigas uncovered an unlikely amethyst geode, which when they cut it open was found to have formed into a perfect heart shape.

Not only was the discovery itself shocking, but it gave the miners encouragement considering they’d been struggling with starting up the excavation.

“We were opening the mine to work normally, but the land was difficult to work,” Marcos Lorenzelli with Uruguay Minerals said in an interview with My Modern Met on Jan. 5. “Our employees said, ‘We have to find something really nice due to the hard work we are doing.’”

Their hard work paid off; they found something more than nice, but also exceedingly rare.

“After two or three hours, they moved a basalt rock and with the excavator machine, opened a heart-shaped amethyst geode—what a treasure!” Lorenzelli told Bored Panda.

Pictures of the unique geode and its remarkable shape went viral on sites like Reddit and Facebook.

Reddit users joked that the rock would make the perfect romantic gift.

“That’s the most beautiful engagement photo I’ve ever seen,” wrote one user.

“I mean you gotta give it to them, that some good foresight to plan out an engagement 90 million years in advance,” wrote another.

Facebook users were a little more serious, leaving incredulous comments such as “How did it do that? That can’t be natural,” and more encouraging comments like “All we need is love.”

The amethyst heart is for sale on the company’s website, where it has been dubbed “The New Treasure.” Anyone interested in owning the purple heart-shaped geode can purchase it there, or shoppers can purchase smaller, more affordable versions on sites like Etsy."

We would love to hear your stories! You can share them with us at emg.inspired@epochtimes.com

https://www.theepochtimes.com/miners-cu ... 21-01-22-2
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Miners Cut Open Rock and Discover Stunning Heart-Shaped Purple Geode Inside

Post by SwordfishMining »

Yours is nicer, I deleted my john come lately try. I collected hearts for years too. Some nice opal ones, and i got a star on an agate druze chip back last month. Going to make some mystery boxes to move along some of my finds in bulk on ESTY.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"