Spider Jewelry That’s Scary Good (and Not Just for Halloween)

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm not prone to freaking out over spiders, but I have 1 sister who goes nuts freaking out, and I just recently found out that my own daughter, the 'snakelady', is terrified of them. She called recently freaked out saying she found a northern black widow on her patio in Texas, and the next time we spoke she was outside, and freaked out because she looked up and saw a large spider on the second floor near a window. :lol:

Unless you're off charts afraid of spiders, these might even appeal to you so check them out. My favorite is the gold spider with the black pearl body that's second to the last in the lineup, so watch for it and pick out your own favorite arachnid. :)

By Brittany Siminitz | October 13, 2021

"I am extremely afraid of spiders. Just the sight of them makes me feel like something is on me.

We have this really sick gag going on in our household: My daughter has a plastic tarantula (for some reason) that gets hidden in places my family knows I’ll find it. Under piles of laundry, in my slipper—one time they even put it on my seat in the car. And although I should be used to it at this point, it gets me every single time. Everyone else thinks it’s hilarious. I, however, do not.

Tiered Fantasy spider signet ring in 14k yellow gold, $1,370; Retrouvaí

What is it about spiders that makes arachnophobia so common? For me, it’s two things. One, the fact that they bite—although few spiders are actually harmful to humans, it’s still not nice being bitten by one. Two, and more important, it’s the way that they move. Those long, spindly legs, creeping and crawling their way along. And there are eight of them. Eight! Shudder.

Baby Spider earrings in 18k blackened white gold with moonstone and diamonds, $880; Sol de Malo

Over the summer, at one of the playgrounds we frequent, we watched a black widow catch a cicada in its web (this was at the height of cicada season) and go to town snacking on it. If that doesn’t give you nightmares, you might not be afraid of anything. It was altogether disgusting, terrifying, and weirdly fascinating.

Spider earrings in 18k rose gold with 0.95 ct. t.w. pink tourmaline, 0.33 ct. t.w. black diamonds, and 0.04 ct. t.w. diamonds, €3,500 ($4,046); Alexandra Abramczyk

And yet—yet!—spider jewelry doesn’t quite have the same effect on me. I’ll admit to having a slight visceral reaction to some, but for the most part, I can tolerate it. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... r-jewelry/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)