Carry Some Light With You, Suggests Designer Pamela Zamore

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are very nice, and they look like they're well made, plus they're in 18kt gold which is nice to see for a change. :)

By Amy Elliott | October 11, 2021

"Love to—especially in the form of a new charm collection in 18k gold as the ostensible vessel. By now, you know that symbolic charms of any kind are a hot topic, especially when it comes to customizing a meaningful story with trinkets as text.

Of late, JCK editors are into enamel charms, vintage charms, tarot card–inspired charms, and alphabet charms.

My latest love object is a new collection from designer Pamela Zamore centered on charms (medallions, really, they’re not dainty) for chains and hoop earrings (smaller, see below).

Earrings bring light to the face, radiating the warmth of the sun. Hoops and earring charms in 18k gold, $960 to $2,200 each.

Called Carry Some Light With You, the collection borrows from Zamore’s earlier fascinations and is centered on the portable aspect of talismans—as well as their ability to protect or heal and the fact that they’re imbued with a sense of history and a little magic. From the collection notes: “As a designer, I feel that a talisman should be a personal comfort to wear for a sense of belonging. A touchstone intended to become a part of you and carry you for a lifetime, worthy of being passed down to future generations.”

This idea surfaces as deeply engraved executions of sunray and star motifs, subtle references to evil eyes and traditional hamsas alongside mystical moonstones, soothing turquoise, and tiny diamond flecks to give everything a luxurious feel.

A considered necklace layering story featuring, from top, Baby multi star pendant, $1,850, Ray pendant, $4,150, and Ray Rise pendant, $5,650, all in 18k gold and diamonds (chains included)

Oval star earring charms in 18k gold and diamond, $1,700 (hoops sold separately)

“Charms are a natural fit with what I do because ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ld-charms/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Carry Some Light With You, Suggests Designer Pamela Zamore

Post by SwordfishMining »

I carry both a LED flashlight and a Convoy S2 Longwave UV light. Use the lanyard! I have found more than one light on a table at a show.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"