New Jewelry Brand Mazahri Designs for Afghanistan and the World

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, she makes some really nice jewelry, and her story will touch you when you read how she felt the need to stop working on her jewelry line to return to life as an attorney after she saw her hometown of Kabul fall into the hands of the Taliban. She is a real credit to her home country and her heritage, and I find all her designs to be very well done, and pleasing to the eye. I'll show you the lead pic plus 2 favorites, so use the link to see her other beauties. 8-)

By Brittany Siminitz | October 01, 2021

"In March 2021, Zulaikha Aziz launched her jewelry brand, Mazahri, an ode to her Afghan heritage.

“Jewelry has played a deeply important role in my life, as it was the medium through which I was able to connect to my heritage and ancestry,” says Aziz, who received the WJA-Gabriel Love Foundation Student Scholarship in 2020. “My family and I fled to the U.S. as refugees and were forced to leave everything behind, save some ancestral jewelry my grandmother Mazari rescued.” ... "

Zan dangle earrings in 18k yellow gold with sapphire, $12,950

Tillya Tepe heart huggies in 18k yellow gold with lapis lazuli and emerald, $2,750

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ghanistan/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)