Amanda’s Style File: October’s Luminous Birthstones

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Amanda’s Style File: October’s Luminous Birthstones

Post by PinkDiamond »

I've been waiting breathlessly for Opaltober to arrive, since I only acknowledge opals as the birthstone for Opaltober. In my book, and maybe yours too, the other birthstone options shown are for October. :lol:

I love the ring in the lead pic, and I'm pulling a favorite from the slideshow to show you, so use the link to access them all because National Jeweler gave us a pretty good array of them. :)

Amanda’s Style File: October’s Luminous Birthstones.

Akaila Reed double Ethiopian opal ring with diamonds set in 18-karat yellow gold ($4,200)

"October’s birthstones have always felt like they didn’t quite belong to the month of October. They could as easily be a shining beacon of one of the summer months.

Opal and tourmaline’s wide array of colors arguably suit any time of year. That said, opal has been the official birthstone for October for decades.

Opals are luminous and captivating. When you consider that zodiac symbols Libra and Scorpio represent the month, and their elements are air and water, respectively, opal makes perfect sense to be the October birthstone.

Tourmaline provides a beautiful balance and great birthstone alternative with greens, pinks and even oranges playing off opal’s natural color palette.

Here are 20 stunning pieces of jewelry to explore. ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... irthstones
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Re: Amanda’s Style File: October’s Luminous Birthstones

Post by crazy8s »

Smashing :D