Tiffany Unveils a New Collection

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are different, and I wasn't sure I liked any of them until I saw the last pic. In that one I like both the necklace and the bracelet. Check out Tiffany's new collection, and when you go to the article via the link be sure to check out the sub-links to Daniel Arsham's 'eroded' telephone, teddy bear, NY Yankees cap and Porsche, which I think are pretty amusing. All the photos but the lead pic are on Instagram, so I can't show them here but check them out, and just an FYI, I cut this off just above the last photo. :)

Tiffany's new collection, Tiffany Knot, has arrived.

"New York—Tiffany & Co. is celebrating its newest collection with a collaboration with an artist whose work blurs the line between the future and past.

American artist Daniel Arsham works across several disciplines, from sculpture and digital art to film, furniture and set design.

Arsham’s work often manipulates one’s perspective of time, interpreting recognizable objects—a telephone, a teddy bear, a Yankees hat, or even a Porsche—as degrading and eroding artifacts in the fashion of ancient Greek and Roman sculptures (which he also replicates and reinterprets).

These “future relics,” crafted in materials ranging from plaster and crystal to bronze, imagine the contemporary trimmings of human culture as the mark of an ancient civilization, suggesting the fleetingness of a single lifetime.

This makes Arsham a fitting partner for Tiffany & Co., a company committed to preserving its heritage, even as it continues to evolve and modernize, now with its new “Tiffany Knot” collection.

The jeweler and artist collaborated on a series of sculptures in which Arsham gives the classic Tiffany & Co. box his “future relic” treatment.

Crafted in bronze, the hand-finished patina is reminiscent of the signature “Tiffany Blue” shade.

“I always gravitate towards items that are immediately culturally recognizable. The Tiffany Blue Box has that power,” said Arsham in a statement via Tiffany.

“I wanted to address it in a way different than how it was originally intended by giving it a distressed, aged quality which represents its history, how much of a fixture it is in our world today, and how it will continue to be relevant decades, even centuries from now.”

The sculptures are available in 49 limited editions.

There is also a limited-edition bracelet from Tiffany and Ashram that is part of the new Tiffany Knot range.

The Tiffany Knot x Arsham Studio bracelet is crafted in 18-karat white gold with tsavorite and white diamonds.

A special immersive installation that Tiffany said evokes Arsham’s sculpture is on view now through the end of October on the ground floor of the Tiffany Flagship Next Door in New York City.

Tiffany has been previewing Tiffany Knot on social media for the last week in a campaign with actress Anya Taylor-Joy, model Alton Mason, and freestyle skier and model Eileen Gu that pays homage to New York City with the hashtag: #KnotYourTypicalCity

The collection debuted officially on Sept. 7 in the United States and will be available worldwide next year.

The appropriately named new range depicts a knot on bangles, earrings, rings, pendants, and a choker, but is more edgy than sweet, taking its inspiration from the city’s grittiness, specifically an industrial chain-link.

Curving 18-karat yellow and rose gold forms weave together and end in sharp, jagged ends, contrasting softness with hardness, both qualities that Tiffany said New Yorkers require to “make it” in the city. ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... collection
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)