13 Reminders that Sapphire is a Many-Splendored Thing

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's a really good one from the Zing report for our September babies that has some killer sapphire eye candy for your enjoyment. I like the first two rings, although the first one would be too large for me, and the second one is more my taste but there are plenty more so use the link to see the whole lineup. Enjoy! 8-)

Amy Elliott August 31, 2021

"It’s September’s birthstone, but most jewelry lovers happily claim an affinity for sapphire. After all, few things are as breathtaking as, say, the electric blue of an exceptional Burmese sapphire, or the luminous periwinkle blue of a star sapphire (or 45 of them if you’re Oscar Heyman—see below).

Certainly, it’s a stone most consumers recognize and appreciate. Can anyone think of sapphires without recalling the late Princess Diana’s 12 ct. oval sapphire engagement ring (which now belongs to Duchess Kate)? The savviest retailers know this, and assort their collections (and gild their Instagram feeds) with remarkable blue beauties hailing from Montana to Madagascar.

Like the first colorful crocuses pushing out of the wintry ground at the start of spring, sapphire jewelry can energize a display case filled with icy white diamonds to dramatic effect.

Top designers, indie and otherwise, tend to seek out the full spectrum of sapphire shades, from the duskiest grays to the loveliest lilac-pinks. They jumble them, color-order them into painterly ombré concepts, or prioritize the oddballs—bicolors, fantasy cuts—to give them pride of place in an engagement ring.

Meanwhile, rainbow sapphire jewelry is still in demand, shows no signs of fading, and is now widely available in every imaginable price point. As for the jewels below? From out-of-this-world opulent to everyday elegant, they take the conventional sapphire palette and rather spectacularly crank up the volume. Feel free to sing along. ... "

Ring in 18k white gold and titanium with 15.07 ct. Burmese sapphire center stone, and opal, tanzanite, diamond accents, $585,000; M.S. Rau

Baby Malak Original Bonbon ring in 18k gold with multicolored sapphires, $5,000; Nada Ghazal, available at Greenwich St. Jewelers

https://thezingreport.com/2021/08/13-re ... -sapphire/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: 13 Reminders that Sapphire is a Many-Splendored Thing

Post by SwordfishMining »

I'm kinda weak on the "stars" necklace. Too bad I dont have anybody to drape opals on in the house.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"