Is Aquamarine a Favorite Gemstone of Yours, Too?

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I thought she'd never get around to mentioning that aquamarine is the birthstone for March, but she finally did. All the pieces are gorgeous, although I don't care for the blackened metal in the first one, but I do favor the eternity band in the second pic so I'll just show you that and the lead pic. Use the link to see the rest of those beauties. 8-)

By Brittany Siminitz | February 23, 2021

"It feels so good to even be thinking the word aquamarine, because it means that we’re talking March, and March is well on its way to spring. There’s still definitely that “in like a lion, out like a lamb” thing to contend with, but rest assured that winter will soon be a season we only start to long for when the holiday spirit kicks in once again—not for many months.

The blue of aquamarine is the most apt hue to represent the season because it covers so many of its elements. Clear blue skies, the falling rain, even the snow. Such a versatile gemstone—though it’s often worn to represent the month of one’s birth, its appeal reaches far beyond that.

Eternity band in 14k yellow gold with 1.38 cts. t.w. aquamarine, $850; Eriness

I love aquamarine as the center stone of an engagement ring, or along a wedding band. It’s one of my favorite “nontraditional” options, and one that feels perfectly suited to take the place of a diamond, in a silhouette that’s classic or more out-of-the-box. The gemstone can be so beautifully delicate because of its powdery pastel hue, which feels just right for representing a forever love. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -gemstone/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)