Inaugural Tender for Coscuez Rough Emeralds Slated for March

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

The color due to chromium in Colombian emeralds soothes and melts my heart, while emeralds colored by vanadium do nothing for me. Check out these emeralds from Fura that will be going into their first tender. 8-)

By Brecken Branstrator
brecken.branstrator@nationaljeweler.com
February 17, 2021

A sample of rough material from Fura Gems’ Coscuez emerald mine in Boyacá, Colombia

"Dubai—Brokerage and consultancy firm Bonas Group is set to host another inaugural emerald tender this spring, selling rough emeralds from Fura Gems’ mine in Colombia for the first time next month.

Fura completed its acquisition of the Coscuez mine—located in the Muzo emerald district in Boyacá, Colombia—from Emporium in early 2018 and started its underground drilling phase, a first for the historic site, not long after.

Though Fura did not reveal how many carats would be up for offer during the tender, they did say the quantity would be large, covering high, mid and commercial quality, with several significant pieces.

Viewings for the tender’s goods will start in Dubai, where Fura is based, at the Dubai Diamond Exchange in the Almas Tower from March 2-7. They will then follow in Bogotá, Colombia, from March 15-19 (with exact details to come) to allow local Colombian and North American manufacturers access to the material amid travel restrictions.

The viewings will be held in accordance with local COVID-19 health and safety policies.

Bonas will handle the KYC (know your customer) process for buyers, as well as invoicing, payment, and will host the bidding for the material online.

For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Bonas Group’s Didier Backaert at +32 3 233 70 80 or didierbackaert@bonasgroup.com.

Fura’s license to mine at Coscuez was just extended for 30 years, and the company also increased operations, changing its status from a mid-scale miner to a large-scale miner and allowing them to mine as much as ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/diamond ... -for-march
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)