Emerald stones

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

Opalcreationz

Emerald stones

Post by Opalcreationz »

Hello my fellow opal addicts.
I have plenty of opal suppliers, but I need a supplier of either Zambian or Columbian Emeralds.
I would like to receive a 5mm x 3mm x 2.9mm sample stone to set in a
semi mount. Contact me asap if you can help!
Chris
PinkDiamond

Re: Emerald stones

Post by PinkDiamond »

So you're looking for a supplier so you can create more than this one emerald piece?

You want an oval that size, but do you want it cabbed or faceted, and what quality are you looking for?

I ask the first question because, although I am not a supplier of any kind of gemstones, I bought so many almost 20 years ago that I have them in all shapes and sizes, ranging from good quality and color to the ugly opaque inferior quality stones one would never want to set in jewelry.

I happen to have a beautiful 5x3x? that I purchased separately from the lots I bought that has the luscious Colombian color chromium gives them, although I'd have to find the receipt to see if the source was noted on it, but wherever it's from it's a lovely emerald of .20 cts. I didn't mark the depth though and would have to measure it, but judging by eye I don't think it's quite 2.9mm. I do have others I can go through and check for you, but if you're looking for a supplier I don't fit the bill, having been nothing but a hobbyist when I bought these.

Anyway, if all else fails and you can't find a supplier I'll be happy to go through mine and let you know what I have. Keep us posted on what you find, and do show us the piece when it's finished. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Emerald stones

Post by SwordfishMining »

I can't say I have a source off hand.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"