Britt’s Pick: Heart Riviere Necklace by Nakard

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is an interesting piece, if nothing else, and although it's not something I would choose I can see how it would attract the right buyer with its dark and iridescent tones. Would any of you ladies wear it? ... or you guys if you're into something like this. :lol:

January 12, 2021 by Brittany Siminitz

"Over the past few years, I’ve found myself anticipating Valentine’s Day, a holiday I often found excessive and unnecessary. Maybe it’s being a mom and sharing the act of decorating with my little one. Maybe it’s the fact that celebrating love feels extra important right now. Maybe it’s the excuse to eat lots of chocolate.

Whatever the reason, we’re just about a month away from Valentine’s Day, and it might as well be Christmas. I’m planning all the desserts I can bake, all the crafts we can craft, and all the ways I can shower my family with love. I’ve also got my eye on a ton of heart jewelry.

I’ve said it before, and no doubt so have plenty of others: Heart jewelry is not exclusive to Valentine’s Day. But it’s a symbol linked to the holiday nevertheless, and anyone who spends their days creating, thinking about, and talking about jewelry is probably guilty of checking out a heart-shape jewel or two (or more) this time of year.

I will search for many of them. My proclivity for hearts at the moment is strong, and thankfully there is a wide range to choose from. I especially like this necklace from Nakard, the sterling silver line from jeweler Nak Armstrong. The line, which was covered by our Emili Vesilind back in October, focuses on large-scale jewelry at a lower price point than what we generally see from the designer, much in part due to its being made in silver.

What I love about this particular piece is the way it’s romantic but not overly sweet. Its red enamel and blackened silver detailing lend it a vampy vibe, further dramatized by its multicolor array of heart-shape tourmalines, appearing in jewel tones positively striking for the winter.

Though somewhat ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... re-nakard/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)