australian black opal pendent...

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

m76steve

australian black opal pendent...

Post by m76steve »

this is the finished pendent, i literally have to ask to wear this stone because the wife has it on all day. the gold work really came out well, 14kt white takes nothing away from the stone, even though it is only 7.3cts, it does show well. from info ive found on the web, i believe this qualifies as fine/ex fine material in the $1000.00/ct class, retail sales, if someone can input as to value, im all ears-steve...
IMG_0488+.JPG
IMG_0490+.JPG
IMG_0491+.JPG
IMG_0496+.JPG
IMG_0498+.JPG
IMG_0500+.JPG
IMG_0501+.JPG
PinkDiamond

Re: australian black opal pendent...

Post by PinkDiamond »

You have created another beautiful pendant, m76. I like the way the setting doesn't obstruct the view of the opal in any way, and I can tell you that if I had it you'd have to fight to get it away from me everyday, too. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: australian black opal pendent...

Post by SwordfishMining »

Yep thats a pretty one as the blue & red combination makes the prettiest hues as they swap. From what I've seen a LOT of opal pricing is done by comparison or dreaming. The extra zeros are usually for a wet color on the surface look with no potch veiling, directionality, matrix showing, sand inclusions or cracks, as bright as it can be as painted of a picture balance and pleasing as can be. I just picked a quarter million for my snake head cast, unpapered.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"