Jewelry Designers Share Their Favorite Piece They Produced in 2020

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's some more eye candy for you. The first one is the most scrumptious to me, and after you go through them it might just be yours, too. Image

I'll also show you another favorite, so find your own via the link at the bottom. Enjoy! :)

January 4, 2021 by Emili Vesilind

"There’s so much about 2020 we’d be fine with forgetting. But before we throw a lit match onto the trash heap that was the past 10 months, let’s remember that in 2020, while other consumer categories (fashion) tanked, fine jewelry sales remained strong. And a deluge of creative—and occasionally downright innovative—work flowed from the benches of designers all over the world.

Jewelry production dipped at the start of the pandemic, as manufacturing and materials companies shuttered during lockdowns, notably in New York City. But small-scale designers found a way, and many, including veteran makers Judi Powers and Rosanne Pugliese, told me that 2020’s isolation, though personally difficult, resulted in them reconnecting with their love of jewelry craft, creation, and design.

As we did last year, we asked some of our favorite jewelry designers to send over a photo of their favorite piece that they personally produced this past year. COVID-19 took a lot from us in 2020, but within the industry, creativity flourished—and for that we’re grateful.

Eva Fehren large Nova earrings

Eva Zuckerman
Eva Fehren
“I was inspired by the beauty and destruction of an exploding star, which really resonated with me throughout the year. We used techniques we haven’t used before—shared prongs to puzzle the geometric diamonds together—and I absolutely love how elevated and different they are.”

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... iece-2020/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)