3 Fantastic New Colored Stone Collections Born Of COVID

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There's a pretty decent lineup of pieces in this one for your viewing enjoyment. I'll show you the lead pic, which I don't care for, as well as the second one that I do like, but I'll also add the one I like best. Enjoy! :)

November 23, 2020 by Victoria Gomelsky

"Bringing a new jewelry collection to life is a challenging process in the best of times. Doing so in the middle of a pandemic is darn near heroic. The designers profiled below were all challenged by this year’s work-from-home mandates but still managed to create beauty amidst the gloom. Read on for insights into their design inspirations and how they navigated the difficulties posed by the lockdowns earlier this year.

Reflections By Brent Neale

In April, at the height of the spring lockdown, Brent Neale Winston, founder and designer of Brent Neale, sought solace in her sketchbooks. “For me designing is an outlet,” she says. “It’s the only thing I know how to do.”

As a lover of color, she had long been drawn to the geometric, minimalist designs of American painter Frank Stella, whose “Protractor” series, created in the late 1960s, featured semicircle shapes in bold rainbow palettes. Although transforming the images captured in the paintings into three-dimensional pieces of jewelry, using custom-cut hard stones set in 18k yellow gold, was no easy feat—“It was really trial and error as far as whether it was going to work,” she says—the resulting collection, Reflections, is a cheerful example of how well jewelry can soothe and delight.

Marianne cuff bracelet in 18k yellow gold with 1.35 cts. t.w. rainbow sapphires and 0.3 ct. t.w. emeralds, $28,000; Brent Neale

Winston chose hard stones—such as chalcedony, carnelian, pink opal, amethyst, and rainbow moonstone—in a groovy color palette reminiscent of her muse, Marianne Faithfull, the 1960s singer-songwriter who famously dated Mick Jagger. In proper period style, Reflections is rife with swingy earrings, chunky cuffs, cabochon-cut rings, and bold pendants—and includes a capsule collection of ... "

Harwell Godfrey x Muzo Emerald 18k yellow gold ring with 5.2 ct. Muzo emerald, turquoise, pink sapphires, amethysts, and yellow and white diamonds, $15,450; Harwell Godfrey

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -of-covid/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)