Britt’s Pick: Tiina Smith’s Sapphire Leaf Brooch

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is lovely and it really does look like a nice autumn leaf. :)

October 20, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"Over the weekend we went for a short leaf-peeping jaunt, the kind of drive that cars line up for miles upon miles to do. In Shenandoah, the mountainous area of Virginia where we went, the leaves weren’t quite at peak autumn color just yet, but they were beautiful nonetheless.

As we drove, some of the leaves were falling from the trees all around us and I just kept thinking to myself, “Take it in, take it all in.” Because in a year that’s been utter madness, nature has been a constant source of comfort, something to be relied on from spring’s blooming buds to summer’s thunderstorms. As the year flies by, I want to hold onto these precious moments because soon the leaves will all be gone and winter will be here, bare branches and all. No doubt we’ll have to find its brand of magic, too, but for now there’s nothing quite like those leaves. I want to bottle them up into a world I can visit whenever I need a pick-me-up.

Of course that’s a fantasy, but I did feel a bit of that magic when I saw Tiina Smith’s vintage brooch here.

The precious piece captures autumn in a wearable time capsule—an invigorating, brilliantly sparkling one at that—with the most luscious shades of yellow, orange, and red. The color is owed to about a carat and a half of ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... mith-leaf/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)