Gem Gossip Debuts Fine Jewelry Collection for QVC

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are very nice pieces, and their price points are decent so I'm sure they'll do well on QVC. :)

August 17, 2020 by Emili Vesilind

"Jewelry influencer, social jewelry seller, and gemologist Danielle Miele—who’s more widely known as Gem Gossip for her beloved blog and Instagram feed—has been discussing jewelry for over a decade.

And though she’s done vintage jewelry makeovers and occasionally collaborates with designers on pieces, the Nashville, Tenn.-based influencer has debuted her first-ever collection, simply called Gem Gossip, on iconic home shopping channel-website QVC this week.

Miele’s been working on the collection with QVC’s stable of jewelry designers, based in Italy, for over a year now, but notes that the project almost didn’t happen.

“It was almost canceled so many times!” she says with a laugh. “There was the pandemic, but also the rising price of gold,” which prompted the company to suggest a non-fine collection. “But I was adamant that it be real gold and gems,” she says. “That’s my thing. That’s what I’m all about. I don’t do silver, I don’t do brass. Eventually it worked out.”

The collection is composed of over a dozen 10k gold styles, all of which incorporate gems Miele personally loves and often showcases on her Instagram, including tiger’s eye, agate, black onyx, malachite, and amethyst. Circle and oval forms, which have an early 1980s feel, are a throughline in the collection. Cabochon and dome-cut gemstones abound.

Prices for Gem Gossip rings, pendant necklaces, and earrings range from roughly $300 to $800.

Top and above: Danielle Miele, Gem Gossip founder, in jewels from her new fine jewelry collection for QVC

The collection boasts lots of opaque stones and a vintage feel.

The jewelry influencer was first approached by QVC via an email suggesting a collaboration. “I thought, is this even real?” Miele recalls. “I even did some research to make sure the person actually worked at QVC.” When she realized the offer was legit, her reaction quickly flipped to “hell, yeah.”

The design process entailed working with the company’s ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ollection/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)