Amanda’s Style File: Crazy for Cabochons

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Although I do prefer faceted gems as a general rule, these are gorgeous cabochon pieces and there are quite a few of them for your viewing pleasure. I'll show you my favorite and a second piece I like so use the link to see the rest of them and choose your own. :)

By Amanda Gizzi
agizzi@jewelers.org
June 30, 2020

"Gemstone jewelry is as popular as ever, largely because gems have the remarkable ability to speak to consumers on a personal level.

While fancy cuts and facets can bring out a stone’s beauty and make them sparkle, cabochon gemstones have a subtle way of letting color shine.

Cabochons are stars on their own and can take center stage in a simple setting. They also look great as part of an ensemble, paired with smaller faceted stones in complimentary colors.

These Style File selections showcase cabs’ beauty and reminds us all that subtlety can be brilliant. .... "

Brent Neale one-of-a-kind opal heart “Gypsy” ring in 18-karat yellow gold (Price Upon Request)

Arman Sarkisyan 22-karat gold and oxidized silver opal cabochon drop earrings with sapphires and diamonds ($10,960)

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/galleri ... -cabochons
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)