Jewelry to Get Back to Nature With

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

On this one I'm not particularly fond of the first two items, but I love a few of the others and will show you one or two. Enjoy! :)

June 24, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"This summer won’t look like last year, or the year before that, though for some, maybe it won’t be all that different. As we’ve all been forced indoors for the last few months, and kept away from the majority of indoor spaces, many are feeling the call of the wild. Those vacationers inclined to travel for long hikes, cozy camping sites, and nature’s best views may feel like little has changed as they embark on their annual endeavors—but they’re going to have more competition.

That, at least as far as avoiding crowds is concerned, is the hard part. More and more people are channeling their connections with nature, reaching out to bond with the gifts of the earth. While many things look vastly different—no crowded concert venues, less highway traffic, the hustle and bustle of at-capacity restaurants are but a memory (for most)—nature hasn’t changed. The leaves still sway gently in the breeze. The flowers still bloom. The clouds still paint pictures across the sky. The sun still sets and the stars still shine. The birds still chirp, bees still buzz, animals still play (actually even more so in the absence of humans). Nature is reliable in this way. It’s soothing to know that it’s there, in all its familiarity, even when everything else is so unpredictable. Of course, I could go on a long tangent highlighting that this is precisely the reason why we need to do everything in our power to take care of our earth, but I’ll just leave that statement there (take note, though!) and move on to the goods. ... "

Ladybug pendant/brooch in 18k yellow gold with 1.98 cts. t.w. sapphires, 0.69 ct. t.w. tsavorite, 1.01 cts. t.w. black diamonds, and 0.03 ct. t.w. diamonds, £5,750 ($7,200); Theo Fennell

Enchanted Garden flower earrings in 18k white gold and titanium with 2.5 cts. t.w. paraiba tourmaline, 24.8 cts. t.w. blue topaz, and 7.41 cts. t.w. diamonds, price on request; Vanleles Diamonds

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... e-jewelry/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)