Britt’s Pick: Ruby Earrings by Bina Goenka for Gemfields

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I've got one word for these. Pfffabulous!!! 8-)

June 16, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"Well, we’re halfway through June. In a normal year, I’d appreciate the slow-moving days of summer (actually, in a normal year, I’d probably be on vacation right now). But one does tend to get antsy from lack of travel and events, so here I am, willing the month—if not the whole year—away.

There’s no saying that July will be any different. But there’s something about July that, I think even if stuck at home, has magic in it. Maybe it’s the July 4 celebrations (which may or may not be happening near you). Maybe it’s the memories of being barefoot in the yard, watermelon juice dripping between my toes as I clumsily navigated the art of eating while running through sprinklers. The fall has Halloween (more on that tomorrow, because I’m yearning for it), winter has the holidays. Summer has July.

I find myself so smitten with the month of July, save for one very important—very relevant—detail: its birthstone. Why, July! Why ruby? I mean sure, it’s regal and riveting and certainly a patriotic color—for many countries for that matter—so maybe, given the events of the month, it is pretty perfect. Its heat evokes that of a sizzling summer day, and its status as a highly coveted gemstone pays this glorious month the homage it deserves.

So why can’t I love you, ruby?

I don’t dislike ruby. I don’t! I just don’t find myself mooning over it like I do so many other stones, and it’s really a disservice to one of the finest and most valuable gems around. Both gem experts and lovers of luxury may go out of their minds for a good ruby, but me? I’m like, “meh.”

There have been exceptions. Ruby jewels so good, I remember every single one of them, the moment I locked eyes on one during a show (there was one in particular in Las Vegas last year I still swoon over), on Instagram, online.

I’ve found another one. And I’m gaga for it, so that’s how I know it has to be good (or I’m just a weirdo, but mostly I know it’s good. Or maybe both).

From a collaboration between Gemfields and Mumbai, India–based designer Bina Goenka, these earrings, featuring mostly rubies but with a touch of emeralds, are like luxury birds of paradise. Blooming ruby petals gently brush pear-shape emerald center stones, the only contrast of color you’ll find here (but all that is necessary). Above it, a ladder of baguette rubies suspends like a rickety path, climbing its way up to another artfully arranged bouquet of half-moon rubies.

The earrings are the delectable display that ruby deserves, showing them off in a way that, I feel, is the ultimate best. And I think I’ve just come to the realization that the way I like rubies best is when they’re served up ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... gemfields/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rocks2dust

Re: Britt’s Pick: Ruby Earrings by Bina Goenka for Gemfields

Post by rocks2dust »

Wow. Fit for a Rajput princess during the Mughal era.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else