Is There Any Gem More Marvelous Than Moonstone?

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are some gorgeous moonstones in this one, though not all of them photographed well so it's hard to see the beauty in some of them. I'll show you my favorite in the lineup, along with the lead pic of course, and use the link to see the rest of them. 8-)

June 10, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"When I sought out to write a post about June’s birthstone, I immediately started picking out pearls. After all, the pearl is not only one, but arguably the most popular, of this month’s birthstones. I wrote about why I think the oceanic gem is such a fitting representation for June in last week’s Britt’s Pick, a chain bracelet dangling a baroque pearl by Zoë Chicco.

The thing is, I like pearls. But I don’t looooove pearls. I enjoy featuring them in impressive designs because I don’t do it often, so it feels novel (that word, by the way, is all but ruined by this pandemic). But that’s why it was such a major “duh” moment when I realized that pearl is not the sole birthstone of June and that one of my absolute favorite (if not the favorite) stones is. Magical, mystical moonstone! ... "

Earrings in platinum with 9.19 cts. t.w. moonstones, 2.03 cts. t.w. sapphires, and 0.25 ct. t.w. diamonds, $18,200; Omi Privé

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... moonstone/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
m76steve

Re: Is There Any Gem More Marvelous Than Moonstone?

Post by m76steve »

this pendent is not as elaborate as the pictured item but the stone is very nice with excellent blue in the light, stone is over 15.00cts-steve...
IMG_9958+.JPG
IMG_9960+.JPG