Tweet, Tweet: 21 Irresistible Jewelry Designs in Robin’s-Egg Blue

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are a whole slew of gorgeous items for you to feast your eyes on in this one, and I'll show you at least 3 favorites since I can't really decide on just one, although I'm leaning towards the first one I'll show you. Hope you have the same problem choosing a favorite when you see them all. 8-)

May 28, 2020 by Amy Elliott

"So, I’ve become a stalker. And the object of my affection is a perfectly assembled and funnel-shape nest I discovered in one of the azalea bushes in my front yard. I peeked inside, delighted to find three robin’s eggs, all the most beautiful shade of pale blue.

Checking in on the eggs has become one of my favorite, if pathetic, diversions during this time of lockdown.

As a result, I am now obsessed with the color. This is usually the time of year when we turn to turquoise anyway, and the jewelry you might wear at the onset of summer.

But this year, my blue gem cravings are not fueled by visions of lazy days at the beach or pool but instead point to the discovery of an unexpected harbinger of late-spring avian beauty.

In the edit below, you’ll see a number of pieces that feature turquoise, probably the best approximation of what the actual color of a robin’s egg is, but I’ve expanded the palette to include the deeper, more electric marine blue shades of topaz, aquamarine, apatite, and even a gorgeous heart-shape zircon.

I just went to go check on the eggs to see how well my jewelry picks hold up to the actual color but not possible: The eggs have been replaced with the most fragile—and beguiling—little nestlings!

And suddenly, I’m flying high. Just like that. Soaring. (And still stalking, I can’t help it.) ... '

Ring with a 3.87 ct. cushion-cut rainbow moonstone, 1.54 cts. t.w apatite trillions, and 0.44 ct. t.w. diamonds in 18k rose gold, $12,400; Omi Gems

Ring with aquamarine, emeralds, and diamonds in 18k white gold, $14,485; Graziela

Love One Another Heart ring with 4.65 ct. blue zircon and 1.25 cts. t.w. pink sapphires in 14k yellow gold, $4,500; Kendra Pariseault Jewelry

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -egg-blue/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)