Musings on Emerald, the Birthstone of May

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

We can't get enough emeralds to drool over while May's birthstone is in the news, so here's a nice group for you. I love the first and last of the rings best, but my favorite of them all is the second item, so I'll take you through that and you can use the link to see the rest of the luscious lineup. Enjoy! :)

May 20, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"It feels strange that time should pass so quickly with so little to distract from the fact that we don’t have anywhere to be. Maybe that’s just it—maybe it’s anticipation that makes time feel as if it’s crawling, the yearning for such a future date making it seem as if that day will never come. In this way we’re sort of fortunate: In the absence of that red circle on the calendar, time can just do its own thing.

And sure, there are those agonizing moments where you feel like this just won’t ever end, but look where we are already—it’s mid-May. A month that most of us wait for with great anticipation: the unofficial start of summer, a week in Las Vegas, my birthday (okay, so maybe that last one is just for me). Next week is Memorial Day already, and wasn’t it just Mother’s Day? Those two holidays are meant to be on the opposite ends of the month, and here they are all but running into each other.

The Collar necklace in 18k yellow gold with enamel and 1.38 cts. t.w. emeralds and 0.2 ct. t.w. diamonds encased in a white sapphire Kaleidoscope shaker, $13,300; Moritz Glik

So I don’t want to miss my chance to pay homage to May’s birthstone, the incomparable and spectacular emerald. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... stone-may/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)