15.00ct Australian black opal...

Ask the pro's for a guesstimate of your opal value here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

m76steve

15.00ct Australian black opal...

Post by m76steve »

This is something i found it hard to pass up, after buying the 7.24ct opal & doing pretty well on the buy, i bought another, this is australian black opal, N6 base, bright rating, 4, 24x16.5x3.5mm, flawless with very good color response. the seller was willing to work on the price, the colors are all over the stone. The pictures are of the stone i received on 2/16/2021. The stone is going to john today for a new setting-steve... 8-)
IMG_0540+.JPG
IMG_0546+.JPG
IMG_0547+.JPG
IMG_0550+.JPG
IMG_0551+.JPG
IMG_0553+.JPG
IMG_0554+.JPG
IMG_0559+.JPG
IMG_0562+.JPG
IMG_0564+.JPG
Last edited by m76steve on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
PinkDiamond

Re: 15.00ct Australian black opal...

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, m76, I don't know how I missed this yesterday, but that is one honey of an opal you found there! Another great score for you so kudos!! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the finished piece comes out. 8-)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
m76steve

Post by m76steve »

the original post was edited w/new pics of the 15ct black opal, the pic of the stone w/gold setting was removed-steve...
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

I thought it was set once. LOL Great looking stone.
If I wasn't all about Virgin Valley, I AM an opalholic with the preciousness stuck away- Rough LOL, or Id be tempted to take pictures. You really do get spoiled after decades of enjoying them wet in jars as specimens without ever considering cutting them up, or trying to dry them to see if they will cut up on the finding at the mine end. I mean you can cut anything thats not crazy & falling to sand AND If I was thinking of cutting a big one. I would trim it and see what the trimmings requires or forbid when cubed & dried. The mud here is NOT sand.
YES preforms of appropriate size for the rough, not the biggest it may be. But dry a little and analyze how it is coming apart of if its gonna be a huge one like some of the over ounce stones people have from out here.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

That really is a lovely opal, and it was set when you first saw it John, but not in a mounting of m76's choosing so I'm looking forward to seeing how he sets it. Will it be alone or with other gems, m76; maybe with a diamond or two? :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
m76steve

Post by m76steve »

No diamonds, they r not up to the quality of this stone :lol: , it will be set in white gold & nuff said, the stone is a top opal in quality & color, will post in @ a week-stevie... :lol: :shock: